Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Welder needs a good home

Hey guys,

I'm in the Oklahoma City, OK area and have an old Lincoln 225 AC only "cracker box". You know the one. I think most of us started on that thing in someone's back shop. I'm at the point that I have too many machines around (I know, I never thought I'd say it either). This one was given to me and I'm looking for someone to give it too as well. I would like it to go to someone that wants to get into welding, not an established weldor. It's not much, but I'd like to see it have a good home for someone to learn on, rather than get anymore mud-dobber nests built in it. It's not worth shipping anywhere, so I would have to be picked up. Give me a shout.

I applaude your pay-it-through attitude. I hope someone in the Oklahoma area can take you up on it.

See if a local high school has a FFA (Future Farmers of America) chapter, if so talk to their advisor. He can help you with your mission.

Default Good man!

You're a good man! We had 2 of the same welder and we also passed one on some time ago..I personally think they are great welders for AC and I don't think you can wear them out if you take care of them...I may be wrong but I'm thinking they are 100% duty cycle..someone correct me if I'm wrong..Anyway that's nice of you for passing it on.
    Regards, Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by fyoung View Post
    ...I may be wrong but I'm thinking they are 100% duty cycle..someone correct me if I'm wrong...
    The ones I'm familiar with have a 20% duty cycle, which is why thousands of them were wired with #10 wire in thousands of barns across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    The ones I'm familiar with have a 20% duty cycle, which is why thousands of them were wired with #10 wire in thousands of barns across the country.
    Mac, I just talked to a friend on the phone and he told me the same thing as you 20%..I don't know why I was thinking 100% We sure did work it hard or (maybe i just thought we did *LOL*)over the years and I never remember it quitting on us. Did the old ones (around 1968-1970) have a higher duty cycle?
    Thanks, Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Default Welder need a good home

I don't know why I didn't think about an FFA program or something similar.....maybe I need to pay more attention to the "use in well ventilated area" marking on MSDSs Anyway, I'll check around and see whats in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by fyoung View Post
    Mac, I just talked to a friend on the phone and he told me the same thing as you 20%..I don't know why I was thinking 100% We sure did work it hard or (maybe i just thought we did *LOL*)over the years and I never remember it quitting on us. Did the old ones (around 1968-1970) have a higher duty cycle?
    Thanks, Farris
    Farris, while they technically have a 20% duty cycle (and always have to the best of my knowledge; I'm not that old...) they have a history of reliability and longevity even when abused for many years. Also, in cold climates, the duty cycle goes up.

Hi Steve

Thats very nice of you to offer up your welder to help someone getting into welding. I'm sure some young lad will be along shortly to lay claim to it, in fact I'm really surprised it's not gone yet.

Millermatic 350P
    Dynasty 200Dx
    Hypertherm Powermax 1000
    Victor Journeyman O/A
    Offshore Mill and Lathe
    Tunes to weld with by Peavey

Default gone!!!

Hey guys,

Well, I did have someone contact me about it. Looks like a local college student is wanted to try his hand at welding, so it looks like the right home came along. Thanks! SSS