Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Welder needs a good home

Hey guys,

I'm in the Oklahoma City, OK area and have an old Lincoln 225 AC only "cracker box". You know the one. I think most of us started on that thing in someone's back shop. I'm at the point that I have too many machines around (I know, I never thought I'd say it either). This one was given to me and I'm looking for someone to give it too as well. I would like it to go to someone that wants to get into welding, not an established weldor. It's not much, but I'd like to see it have a good home for someone to learn on, rather than get anymore mud-dobber nests built in it. It's not worth shipping anywhere, so I would have to be picked up. Give me a shout.

I applaude your pay-it-through attitude. I hope someone in the Oklahoma area can take you up on it.

See if a local high school has a FFA (Future Farmers of America) chapter, if so talk to their advisor. He can help you with your mission.

Default Good man!

You're a good man! We had 2 of the same welder and we also passed one on some time ago..I personally think they are great welders for AC and I don't think you can wear them out if you take care of them...I may be wrong but I'm thinking they are 100% duty cycle..someone correct me if I'm wrong..Anyway that's nice of you for passing it on.
    Regards, Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by fyoung View Post
    ...I may be wrong but I'm thinking they are 100% duty cycle..someone correct me if I'm wrong...
    The ones I'm familiar with have a 20% duty cycle, which is why thousands of them were wired with #10 wire in thousands of barns across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    The ones I'm familiar with have a 20% duty cycle, which is why thousands of them were wired with #10 wire in thousands of barns across the country.
    Mac, I just talked to a friend on the phone and he told me the same thing as you 20%..I don't know why I was thinking 100% We sure did work it hard or (maybe i just thought we did *LOL*)over the years and I never remember it quitting on us. Did the old ones (around 1968-1970) have a higher duty cycle?
    Thanks, Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!