Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: First Pic

Hybrid View

Talking First Pic

This was trailer that I was rebuilding, also wanted to post up my first pic. Hopefully it worked...

Last edited by chilinges; 08-28-2006 at 09:18 PM. Reason: pictures didn't pop up

Default Good looking job!

Looks to me like you do good quality work..I like the way you primer before painting..a lot of folks don't do that anymore.
    Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Default Axle from what?

chilinges, I was wondering what the axle you used on the trailer came off of?
    Looks like it's heavy duty.
    Thanks, Farris
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

That axle was already on, but it was welded on dead center on the frame. I carefully removed it and put a slipper spring kit and set it back where it should be placed. But that axle was shorten to fit that trailer, who ever did the work did a very nice job doing it. I replaced the both hubs with bearings and added the expanded metal, new fenders, lights and light fixures, new wood, etc. I fixed it up for my dad. Who was hauling a homemade cattle trailer which was to heavy to tow around just for a few goats. I also built a cage with a ramp and door that can attached or remove to the trailer. Its alot lighter to tow around with his Ford Ranger. See pics
    Millermatic 251
    Bobcat 225
    Lincoln 305G
    Lincoln 135
    Hypertherm

Thumbs up

that's really sweet, the expanded metal really gives it a quality look that seperates it from the hardware store type. Nice job on the paint too !

Any chance you can shoot some pics when its done so we an see it with rims and tires ?