Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Replacement Mig gun for MM200

Maybe someone here or someone at Miller can answer this question. I am using 1985 Millermatic 200, S/N: JF934861 with a GA-20C gun. The gun, by Miller's OM-1025D, was supposed to be used on machines with JG-46 in the serial number, so I have a newer style gun. I can still get tips, liners, and nozzles for it from Airgas without problem. I do however need 2 of the strain releif extensions, P/N: MIL 088 122. So if someone could help me find those pieces, that would be great.

However, my actual question is a big what if. What if something catostrophic happened to my gun assembly and it had to be replaced altogether. What gun can I replace it with? One of the MIGMatic M Series guns like the M-25? Or could I go the Roughneck C-Series 3015 by chance? I weld nothing but mild steel, using .035 Esab Dual Sheild 7100 Ultra Flux Core wire or Esab Spoolarc 86 Solid wire with 75/25 CO2/Argon Steel Mix. Material thickness is a minimum of 1/8", mostly 1/4" and 3/8", and 1/2" on occassion.

This machine runs like a champ and still looks as new as the day it was purchased, except for all the West Texas dirt and dust that has to be blown off of it from time to time. With that in mind, no its not for sale nor am I looking to replace it any time soon. My main concern is if something happens to my gun that can't be fixed, what are my alternatives? Thank you for advice and help in advance.

P.S. Anyone have a SKP-35 Spot Control Panel for this thing? After reading about what it can do, that would be something nice to add to the machine.
    '77 Miller Bluestar 2E on current service truck
    '99 Miller Bobcat 225NT for New Service Truck
    '85 Millermatic 200 in Shop

'72 Marquete 295 AC cracker box in Shop
    '07 Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3 Plasma Cutter in Shop
    Miller Elite and Digital Elite Hoods

Cool

You might be better off asking over at the miller motorsports group lots more traffic there. I have 4 or 5 old Miller junk guns off my old MM200 hanging on the wall, i can look and see if the end is the same as my newer M-15 gun, i think its the same as the M-25. Just from rembering when i walk by them they are the same, but the size may be off. I will look at them...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

fluke,

I also have a MM200 that I bought without a gun at all !! Tweco makes a replacement with the proper "miller" end on it.... any Tweco dealer can fix you up... mine works like a dream... you just decide the length you want and liner size for the wire you're running....

later
    john

Bob,

I took your advice and posted over on the motorsports page and got what I was looking for. Miller still has the strain reliefs to replace my bad ones and I can contact my distributor to get them. As far as the gun replacement goes, any of the current MigMatic M-Series like the M-25 would fit the MM200 no problem. The Bernard Roughneck C-3015 would fit the unit as well. If the gun has a Miller end on it, it would fit on any Miller machine, just size it for the amp rating.

Thanks for the input Bob. To you as well John, thank you.

Charlie Johnson
    '77 Miller Bluestar 2E on current service truck
    '99 Miller Bobcat 225NT for New Service Truck
    '85 Millermatic 200 in Shop

'72 Marquete 295 AC cracker box in Shop
    '07 Hypertherm Powermax 1000 G3 Plasma Cutter in Shop
    Miller Elite and Digital Elite Hoods