Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Angry I was retarded tonight

I thought some of you might get a good laugh out of my stupid rookie mistake.

I set synchrowave up to do a little tigging after dinner. I went to spark up and nothing happened. I gave a little more pedal and finally something but it didn't look right. So I stopped and looked at tungstan and it looked like an old minning drill tip after a long days work. So my first guess was some junk was on the tip. I ground the tip and tried again. Thermal melt down again. I grabbed a fresh stick of tungstan and tried again. Same results. So I thought I forgot to open the tank valve. Nope that was open. Stumped I sat there stairing at my machine . Then I noticed I got the ground and hose connection backwards

Talking

I never made that mistake before but I always forget turn on the gas when welding aluminum for some reason but I always turn it on for steel and stainless tho. Gotta love the stupid mistakes.
    Last edited by MintSScout; 08-22-2006 at 10:38 PM.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.