Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orange, TX
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet.

    Enjoy the vacation!

    BTW, if you can't find me here on the Miller sight, I spend most of my time over on WeldingWeb http://weldingweb.com/forumdisplay.p...&s=&daysprune=
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cave Creek Az
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    FWIW, mine turned out to have a broken wire in one of the wires going down to the slip rings. The terminal in one of the molex connector cracked. Since the other wires were fine, that one stayed in there, but didnt excite the generator.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    And your resistance reading between the center and front rings is a little low and should be 31ohms but the exciter rotor would be good at 12-12.5ohms.
    Had a minute this morning to check those out and I get 30.8 and 12.1 ohms.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post
    FWIW, mine turned out to have a broken wire in one of the wires going down to the slip rings. The terminal in one of the molex connector cracked. Since the other wires were fine, that one stayed in there, but didnt excite the generator.
    I hope mine turns out to be that easy (cheap fix). What reading, voltage or resistance, showed the problem?

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denwhit View Post
    Have power at the convenience plugs but no weld power.
    Just want to triple confirm, you do have the output contractor switch "ON" correct?

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Can You Weld This For Me? View Post
    Just want to triple confirm, you do have the output contractor switch "ON" correct?
    Both switches are in the up position.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cave Creek Az
    Posts
    1,011

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by denwhit View Post
    I hope mine turns out to be that easy (cheap fix). What reading, voltage or resistance, showed the problem?
    While while testing, I bumped a wire and it sparked. Just pull apart your molex connectors to check for corrosion, and loose ones will make themselves apparent.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by walker View Post



    While while testing, I bumped a wire and it sparked. Just pull apart your molex connectors to check for corrosion, and loose ones will make themselves apparent.
    thanks for that

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default Fixed it!

    After getting good ohm readings across the diodes in the bridge rectifiers, yet getting screwy voltage readings, I just decided to replace them both. That worked! She's back to performing like a new one. I guess the lesson is that when the actual current hits those rectifiers, the real test begins. Anyway, my thanks to everyone who participated with help and advice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.