Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    You will LOVE the Dynasty..

what part of the country are you in??

we are in ne pa... near the ny border...
    Not far-upstate NY just north of the NE PA border

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aeronca41 View Post
    Not far-upstate NY just north of the NE PA border
    Could be close...

sent you a PM...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by Aeronca41 View Post
    I should add that I've already found (and followed) Cruizer's advice on oil with zinc for the Onan-Quaker State Defy.
    And never, ever, ever jump start a Trailblazer if the battery goes dead. We've lost count of the number of units reported here and on other forums that have experienced one or more board failures immediately following jump starting.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    And never, ever, ever jump start a Trailblazer if the battery goes dead. We've lost count of the number of units reported here and on other forums that have experienced one or more board failures immediately following jump starting.
    Thanks a million--not something I would have known or thought about.

Anything else come to mind? Any electrolytic caps inside that should be replaced on an older machine like this--I've seen many explode on other computer and avionics systems. (I'm an ....old.... TV [back when you could fix 'em]-computer-avionics-flight simulator component-level repair guy very comfortable with meters, scopes, logic analyzers, etc. and board repairs.) Any common loose connections to tighten? Places where the design results in bad solder joints on boards over time due to overheating? I can poke around and look for things that are obvious, but in my experience every electrical/electronic device has common problems associated with a particular model, and when you work in the field, you see a lot of similar issues. That's what I'm trying to seek out and prevent problems with.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Thank you! Got to watch part of it so far; need to finish it later. They make welding those cluster joints in the 4130 look like there is just nothing to it. Really appreciate the link.

Not jump starting one will greatly increase the odds of a long useful life of these machines. It's aggravating that the boards are so sensitive to something that in the real world of welding is bound to happen to everyone - a dead battery. None the less, best advice is to disconnect the battery and charge it or replace it.

Don't overthink the preventative maintenance too much. More often than not over maintenancing causes more harm than good. Clean air, oil and fuel and don't be afraid to load it up and run the snot out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Can You Weld This For Me? View Post
    Not jump starting one will greatly increase the odds of a long useful life of these machines. It's aggravating that the boards are so sensitive to something that in the real world of welding is bound to happen to everyone - a dead battery. None the less, best advice is to disconnect the battery and charge it or replace it.

Don't overthink the preventative maintenance too much. More often than not over maintenancing causes more harm than good. Clean air, oil and fuel and don't be afraid to load it up and run the snot out of it.

Thanks for for the input. You're right about trying to help "too much". I've fixed a lot of things over the years that some "eager beaver" messed up trying to fix what wasn't broke.