Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Pics of what I do at work

I'm gonna attempt to post some pics of my welding at work. I had to hand weld for a few days as my orbital welder has been tore up . It's good to hand weld once in awhile so I don't lose my hand. This is 347 stainless with the root's welded at 78 amps then I turn my heat up to 86 to fill and cap.I walk my root and second pass then free hand the rest. I'm sure your wondering why freehand , well you can carry ALOT more metal free handing than walking the cup on small o.d. tubing like this. I refer to this type of welding I do as the good ole "hot flop". I just throw it on there and we don't try to make every weld a masterpiece , just not enough time for the pretty stuff. Save the pretty for the weld booth. These welds pass x-ray and thats the bottom line.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Showdog75; 12-29-2009 at 05:59 PM.
    Dynasty 200DX "Blue Lightning"
    Bernard 3500ss water-cooler
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Tennsmith 36" stomp shear
    Fixer upper 1968 Redface Lincoln sa200
    Powcon 300st

Some more pics.
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Powcon 300st

One more pic.
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Powcon 300st

Those are some beautiful welds Showdog! Always like seeing a true professional’s work, thanks for taking the time to post the pictures!
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Showdog75,

It does not appear that having to watch the robot has not diminished your manual skills..........good job. What are the end products you manufacture at work??

Well I've been feeling like folks on this forum think your full of bs if you don't back up what you preach with some pics.So I had to put up or shut up. I've always been intimidated when it comes to posting pics but I think I've got it figured out finally. Thanks for the compliment. I tend to take for granted what I do at work because it's all I know but feel like I have alot to be proud of when I see newby's struggling with the basics. I'm here to learn like everyone but also willing to share any knowledge I have with whomever is willing to sift through my bs.
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Powcon 300st

Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    Showdog75,

It does not appear that having to watch the robot has not diminished your manual skills..........good job. What are the end products you manufacture at work??
    Mostly superheater and reheater elements for fossil fuel power plants.
    Rockwell vertical mill
    Beverly Shear B-3
    Beverly Shear JR
    Home-made English wheel
    Milwaukee Porta-band
    " Sawz-all
    Powcon 300st

Quote Originally Posted by Showdog75 View Post
    Well I've been feeling like folks on this forum think your full of bs if you don't back up what you preach with some pics.So I had to put up or shut up. I've always been intimidated when it comes to posting pics but I think I've got it figured out finally. Thanks for the compliment. I tend to take for granted what I do at work because it's all I know but feel like I have alot to be proud of when I see newby's struggling with the basics. I'm here to learn like everyone but also willing to share any knowledge I have with whomever is willing to sift through my bs.
    I don’t think anybodies doubted your abilities, I know the thought has never crossed my mind! You always give top notch advice, you’ve helped me in the past, and I appreciate it immensely!
    Caution!
    These are "my" views based only on “my” experiences in “my” little bitty world.

Thumbs up

That is beautiful work, you should be proud.
    Nick

Ahhh man, very nice. I hope one day I can post some picks like that.