Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Autoset 211

Default Autoset 211

Hello everone, this is my first post to the forum. Just learning how to weld and loving it. I bought a used Autoset 211 and when I turn it on the fan comes on but is very loud. Is this normal or should it be a little more quiet?

Normal- unless it is screeching :0 but the fan on the MM211 is loud.
    Welcome to the Forum.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Mines been that way from the day I bought it. I hate it. Wish there was a way to have it come one only when it needed. Or make it quieter.
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

Same with my old Hobart Handler ... fan 100% I guess a thermostat switch could be installed ....
    Glen
    Miller Dynasty 200DX - Millermatic 350P - Hypertherm Powermax 45
    For Sale! - Hobart Handler 150 - Miller EconoTwin HF

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    Hello everone, this is my first post to the forum. Just learning how to weld and loving it. I bought a used Autoset 211 and when I turn it on the fan comes on but is very loud. Is this normal or should it be a little more quiet?

Welcome to the forum. Were you able to get the door open to load your wire when you first used it or did you have to verbally abuse it and tweak the body like I did?
    Mark

I can hear the fan on mine from over 50' away

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
    not sure that is 'standard issue'. i bough mine used a couple years ago and it is not noticeably loud - or even that i have ever noticed it at all. just my experience. i'm going to be using it soon (after a long hiatus from learning to weld also) and will pay some attention - then again this is the only welder (other than my thunderbolt 225xl stick welder) I've spent time on - so maybe it is just 'what i'm used to' - sounds like it's not uncommon though - if it works well - so be it! good luck!
    Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
    Millermatic 211 Auto/MVP

Why couldn't it be more like the 212 that machine is super quite when the fan comes on
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

Quote Originally Posted by eecervantes83 View Post
    Why couldn't it be more like the 212 that machine is super quite when the fan comes on
    Why don't you give Miller a call and speak to one of the techs? I am sure they can tell you if the excessive noise is normal for your MM211.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by eecervantes83 View Post
    Totally different machine at a lot higher price point. My MM210 is quieter than my smaller migs.