Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Miller 180SD schematic and homebrew wirefeeder

Hello all,

I am looking for the service manual on a Miller 180SD. I would also like to know how many amps the 24vdc output of the 14pin amp plug can supply. I am building a wirefeeder from an old dead Canadian Tire mig welder and would like to feed it from the 24vdc from the miller.

Thanks

There isn't ANY output on the 14 pin, just 10VDC for the remote to operate on, try again.

Default manual says it does

well in the users manual on that remote socket on page 3-8
    A is 24vdc
    B Contact closure to A completes 24vdc contactor control
    C is the 0-10Volts
    D Remote ctrl common
    E 0 to 10vdc input
    K is GND Common

so according to the owners manual it sure does have 24vdc and according to my DMM it is there.

Anyone with the service manual out there? Every other decent brand lists the service manual right next to the Owners manual why not miller ?

That 24VDC has no circuit completion, its running at a couple watts. comes straight off the circuit board. Geez, I look at diagrams every day broadcasted on my 52" screen, right in front of me. I work on welders for a living being a Miller tech and service shop. The chances of you getting a service manual anywhere here is next to zip, cause they are ONLY for techs.... You just can't get a Lincoln service manual either for the same reason

Not being nasty, but your not listening.....
    Last edited by cruizer; 08-19-2014 at 11:39 PM.

Default I hear just fine.

nope i am listing I was just reading the OM and looking now I know. I my self spent some years in the oil field as electronics technician in Edmonton @ schlumberger.. I can get a manual for 32$ but the fact that miller wants to charge for a service manual is junk. Being a "tech" don't make you special I myself fix electronics for a living just not welders on a daily basis but I do like to have the repair manuals for the equipment I own be it my toaster, dryer or welder.

well, I am pretty special, doing this for 20 years, and a avionics tech before that, why are you playing with junk anyways. I still don't think you can buy a service manual without being a certified tech, they will resend you an owners manual more likely. we spend many thousands of dollars getting trained on everything and really have to know our stuff. you did,t notice that there was no circuit completion on a really basic diagram, How many amps, duh, none, electronics tech,,,, really

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    well, I am pretty special, doing this for 20 years, and a avionics tech before that, why are you playing with junk anyways. I still don't think you can buy a service manual without being a certified tech, they will resend you an owners manual more likely. we spend many thousands of dollars getting trained on everything and really have to know our stuff. you did,t notice that there was no circuit completion on a really basic diagram, How many amps, duh, none, electronics tech,,,, really
    Your responses always make me laugh! . Some times people are looking for an answer which does not exist.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

It is also a CC only power source, no good for using as a MIG with a feeder.

Default arrogance is bliss

ask a simple question and get a douche of an answer is to be expected i guess, i didn't bother looking any further other than the amp plug. actually I have purchased the manual from a 3rd party from a previous tech. Some one takes a course and thinks they are god's , it's always "mines bigger than yours" what is with that. Does it matter that I have quad monitors on my computer set up right here with 25 grand in O-scopes freq counters, function gens spectrum analyzers no it does not at all. At the end of the day if a owner wants to look into a problem him self why not? if he F's it up worse more money for us. I've dealt with plenty of the type who's head is so inflated it's gonna pop more than once. I hope you have a pretty yellow star on your hat that reads " I AM A TECH, I AM GOD".

Why be nasty in the first place, a simple first response would of been, " Nope that 24V is low current direct from PCB" and that would of been fine.

Default i suggest you search this site....

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbyss View Post
    ask a simple question and get a douche of an answer is to be expected i guess, i didn't bother looking any further other than the amp plug. actually I have purchased the manual from a 3rd party from a previous tech. Some one takes a course and thinks they are god's , it's always "mines bigger than yours" what is with that. Does it matter that I have quad monitors on my computer set up right here with 25 grand in O-scopes freq counters, function gens spectrum analyzers no it does not at all. At the end of the day if a owner wants to look into a problem him self why not? if he F's it up worse more money for us. I've dealt with plenty of the type who's head is so inflated it's gonna pop more than once. I hope you have a pretty yellow star on your hat that reads " I AM A TECH, I AM GOD".

Why be nasty in the first place, a simple first response would of been, " Nope that 24V is low current direct from PCB" and that would of been fine.
    first im sure cruizer will chime in with a witty response to this. However if you were to read his other posts you would see his humor and personality is sometimes blunt and dry. However he is a miller tech who takes his own time to help countless people on this board. He has earned the respect of me, and many many people on this board. Although i have also disagreeded with him on the engine side of the welders, he normally is spot on with most of his troubleshooting. Again miller tech working for free...how do u fault the man. You got a free answer. Your welcome.
    kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck