Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default syncrowave 180 SD problem

hey so i recently purchased an syncrowave 180 SD and it seems to be a 2000 year model from the manual iv found. http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o355a_mil.pdfthe machine welds beautifully but im having issues with the HF. (pages 6-2 and 6-3 seem to relate to my problem.) When on stick it seems to still be on? i can see the arm jump before i touch the rod to the metal. shouldnt this be off? and also the rod get hot or gives me a little shock when i put a new rod in. my steel table as well, when i run my finger along it i can here the electricity. iv gone over how the machine needs to be properly grounded and nothing seems to be changing. iv tried grounding the case additionally and it did nothing. there even looks to be a ground to the case built in allready which then taps into the main ground going to the outlet. im stumped.

AS it "SEEMS" to be a 2000 model means ZERO to me. I need the full serial#, unsure why people don't supply it Can't help without that tid bit of information.

If you phone into Miller without it. They can't help you either. Very irritating to me anyways, being a Miller CST tech and all.

Do you have a 120 vac receptacle mounted to your table per chance, cause that will make your table live and interefere with your machine.

serial no. KK018268

so this is my setup right now, i have a 60 amp breaker switch for the welder with a 6 gauge wire to the outlet. i have a small steel table sitting in my driveway, alone with nothing but ground clamp to it.

So, when you turn the machine on, the HF also comes on, correct. When you unplug (remove the remote from the machine) the remote, does the HF turn off as well?

when you say remote you mean the foot pedal for the tig? if so i haven't even used it yet, iv only been using the machine on stick.