Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Miller 135 Roller Motor stopped working.....

As the title says, My 135 stopped feeding wire today in the middle of a project. I have pulled the cover and when powered up, the green light is lit but no red when I try to feed wire. I have read a few trouble shooting solutions, but I don't know what to do. I'm not an "electronics" guy and don't want to make it any worse. There is no power going to the drive motor, and I tried testing for voltage @ PTC1 and didn't get anything there either. It's tight quarters and I was a little leary of shorting something out. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

Well, first off, remove the guns trigger connector from the machine and jumper that connector on the machine with a paper clip. Do the wheels turn?

Welll..... First thing I checked this morning was jumping that connection and it fed wire. Turns out one of the wires was loose on the trigger. I will hopefully get back to it later today and get it fixed. Thanks for the help.

The trigger jump is the first thing we techs do to determine whether the fault is with the gun or the machine, usually it with the gun though... Glad you found the problem!

Posting Permissions