T/A Dragster 85 (portability 11 pounds)
    Oxygen/Acetylene torch set 50'
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw
    1/2" Aircat impact gun 900#

Default agreed..

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    True enough, idling causes problems, my guys work the machines, they don't idle much. Perhaps there is the difference. If its a welder, I just load it a little past tolerance. Its amazing how much carbon blasts out of them, especially on the diesels. I like to do those at night. Fire and flaming chunks, kinda cool.

As for a carboned up gasser. STP carb cleaner in the tank and a minor load will remove the carbon pretty quick. I use this method on the SA200's when the winter heater hose is left on in the summer months. Carbons them up pretty bad.. If you mist the intake with water, that frees the carbon as well.
    My main reason for hating onans, is having to lap the valves, or replace them, because everytime i do it the **** head bolts break! Also all the shield bolts, very rarely do they come apart easily. I will say an onan can take much more abuse than a kohler, but a kohler is half the cost, and easier to fix. As for getting the carbon out, my main probelm has been carbon wedged in the seats, or making the valve stick. In illinois our fuel is terrible, summer blend, winter blend, lots of ethanol, and it has no shelf life.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

Quote Originally Posted by eecervantes83 View Post
    What filter is best for this machine.
    I use Lubrifiner, so same one fits Kohler, Perkins and Onan PH 2835

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer:322667
    So get yourself a meter that reads HZ, stuff the probles into your 120 Vac terminals, loosen off the 13mm lock nut right side engine just above the valve cover and tighten the 8mm bolt untill the meter reads around the 62.5hz mark high idle no load.
    I couldn't find the nut or bolt described . My machine is running a 61 to 61.5 hz is that enough to cause the breakers to pop?
    I'm changing the oil and filter this weekend.

Could You give me a little more details on where to find the nut and bolt that need adjustment.
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw

Look under resources here on the miller site for your manual it tells how to set rpms or hz and has a picture.
    Maybe some wires touching somewhere to pop the breakers.

ONAN engine adjuster over top the right valve cover.

Kohler gas, is also on the right side inbetween the right exhaust flange and right side head. It is a small bar with 2 3/8" nuts ( 1 lock and the other a gland) Engine must be adjusted warm, so its a little tricky no to get burned.

If its a Miller EFI, then forget about it, Lincolns adjust just like the gas versions, Millers have an encoder, not particularly adjustable
    Last edited by cruizer; 08-07-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: made a whoops....

Quote Originally Posted by eecervantes83 View Post
    My machine is running a 61 to 61.5 hz is that enough to cause the breakers to pop?
    I too recommend 62-62.5Hz no load frequency speed but no, yours is not low enough to cause the circuit breakers to trip.

A little more info is warranted.

What are you powering and how are you getting the power to it? An extension cord too long or too small in gauge will result in a low voltage condition at the powered device and high amperage condition at the power source that could be causing your breakers to trip.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

I run a 7" Makita grinder of a heavy duty 10g extension cord at 50'. And my 50 ' welding lead . It did it again today.
    It keep bogging down like it wanted to shut off but it would rev back up then again down and up. I had to shut the machine down a few minutes then it would run ok for a few minute then it happen again.
    Miller Bobcat 225NT onan
    Millermatic 211
    Spoolmate 100
    (Retapped to fit regular mig tips)
    Work better & less parts to stock.
    Miller 130xp
    2. 4-1/2" grinders
    1. 9" grinder
    14" Makita chop saw

Use a 5" to give the machine some wiggle room

Problem is that, that grinder draws alot of power especially when you lean into it. If the engine is not set (warm) at the correct rpm, it'll drop below 60hz, and that inturn heats up the grinder, so more amps are drawn. Quickly your over the thresh hold. With a 5" you still have lots of power, and can lean into it all you want. Very few rig welders if any , use the 7"