Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default xmt 350 tig mode

I wondering can you use a foot pedal on xmt 350 when it's in tig mode?

Construction model no hookups, Best look at your owners manual, but short answer is yes of course....

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Construction model no hookups, Best look at your owners manual, but short answer is yes of course....
    The construction models have no place to plug in a foot pedal, so they are fairly easy to spot. Usually you can figure it out from a photo of the front panel. A lot of what is on the used market is the construction model, whether you are talking the XMT 304 or XMT350, or even the Lincoln V350. The V350 is about the same unit, except the Lincoln has more output on single phase power than the Miller. But you probably don't need more than 300 amps anyway. There are a lot fewer V350s on the used market than XMTs, as far as I can see.

Default thanks

it's something I have never done and wanted to check first. The manual mentions remote does not specifically mention foot pedal thus the caution on my part