Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Diversion 180

Question Diversion 180

I looked in the information booklet provided with the welder, found nothing and no information about it on the miller site and was wondering if the Diversion 180 has a lift or scratch start capabilities if the foot pedal breaks or becomes non operational? Just for future reference if and when my foot pedal decides to go out.

Default diversion 18o response

The only other way to use it without pedal is with the thumb toggle. Its a very basic machine with few functions and option settings. I ordered a foot pedal for mine from local welding supply store and they sent me a case of them. I see finally if I hadn't been so honest and returned the eleven I didn't order I could have sold u one at discounted price

Quote Originally Posted by thatsallid0 View Post
    The only other way to use it without pedal is with the thumb toggle. Its a very basic machine with few functions and option settings. I ordered a foot pedal for mine from local welding supply store and they sent me a case of them. I see finally if I hadn't been so honest and returned the eleven I didn't order I could have sold u one at discounted price

It did not come with a thumb toggle. Its the new version, they switched the thumb toggle for a pedal.

If I could go bak I would not have purchased the diversion. It was purchased in the beginning of my welding days and just isn't beefy enough for my needs

Quote Originally Posted by thatsallid0 View Post
    If I could go bak I would not have purchased the diversion. It was purchased in the beginning of my welding days and just isn't beefy enough for my needs
    Its perfect for my needs and more. Just need to know if it has lift or scratch start capabilities built in, in case of foot pedal failure.

The diversions don't have lift start.

With the torch control you could do a sort of a 4t function by holding the tapping the start button with the amps set to your high setting and the holding the button at the end. It would ramp down while you held at the end.

I don't know if you get that function with the optional hand control. The built in hand control was hard wired and the machine used it if the foot pedal was unplugged. I assume that now the optional hand control plugs in where the foot control does.

The diversion 180 no longer comes with the hand control. I have the newest model with the pedal.