Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Question on 225 Bobcat gas engine welder

I purchased the Miller 225 and I really am pleased with it. I only have one complaint about the machine. The gasoline fuel tank on mine has slots in the metal housing for sighting the level of fuel. I have a very hard time telling what the fuel level is in the tank. I don't know, maybe its just me, but I just have a difficult time telling what the fuel level is. Is there some trick to it that I'm missing? Has anyone experience this same problem and come up with some kind of aid to seeing the fuel level. I thought about dying the fuel, but after reading up on it, I'd prefer not to add anything to the fuel if I can help it. I'm always afraid I'm going to over fill the unit and spill fuel all over the place. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS

I have a propane bobcat 250, but have the same issue on some other equipment. I use a bright flashlight (a waterproof one) and shine it in and I can see the fuel level. Sorry couldn't tell you anything better

I have the same problem I thought it was just me.

Won't matter much fill the neck up. tank itself is sealed, as is the pickup. Its when the fuel gets low that you can't see the level