Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Can't find parts!!! Help

Hey everyone I just recently got an old miller35 wanting to learn how to weld. I started having problems with the drive assembly not feeding the wire I replaced the liner but nothing, I took apart the drive motor and found out the teeth on the brass gear were worn out, went to my local welding supply store and found out the part has been discontinued also wanted to upgrade the drive assembly and even that is not available anymore. My welder is so old that the serial number is not on the miller registry so I don't even know the part numbers and can't find the right schematic either. I would like to be able to find just the gear but also if possible be able to find the upgraded drive assembly any help will be appreciated thanks.
    (Picture of the drive assembly is the one I would like to upgrade to)
    Attached Images Attached Images

buy a kids metal erector set. they have gears and set screws just like that.

Thumbs up PIC Design or Boston Gear

If it were mine and the parts were discontinued...

I would check with PIC Design or Boston Gear for a match in TPI, Dia, Shaft Size etc

http://www.pic-design.com/standard-spur-gears.html

http://www.bostongear.com/

one of them would likely have a matching spur gear...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

That or replace the assembly with a drive out of pretty much any Miller feeder having a motor with a rating of 24VDC