Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Do you have a Compost Maker that works?

I know that there are a lot of different plastic compost makers out there, but their cost..... WHEW!!.

Have you built a BIG compost maker that really works well? I'd like to make compost in dual 55 gallon barrels to get my Square Foot Garden Frames up and going.

I would like to see what works for you.

Thanks,
    Bill

I got lucky and came across a CompostTumbler in the local classified ads for free. It does work very well. I'd say you could probably put together something very similar with a 55 gallon drum.
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 250X
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1100

Default Have you used or made a good compost maker?

Surely someone has built one of these? With cucumbers selling in North Central Texas for .89 cents EACH...growing veggies is going to have to be a MUST for good taste and price...

Thanks,
    Bill

I got about 40 yards of compost on the back lot (leaves and horse manure) It gets flipped over once a year. I used to flip it 4 or 5 times a year and I found that letting it sit yeilds better results. You devolp more heat and retain more moisture if you just leave it alone -

dawg

Turning daily in the Tumbler, I can reduce a load of grass clippings to compost in less than two weeks... Boy does that thing warm up, though!
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 250X
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1100

Yeah I guess if you dont have the land then its a good way to go......I would say get a plastic 55 gallon drum and mount it on some type of bearings and make a frame for it -