Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Girl welder looking for a job

i have been out of the workforce for 15yrs but i can MIG and TIG weld, i worked at JF Sheet Metal in Hollis NH for 6yrs as a welder, I can MIG weld almost anything including TIG welding aluminum, the company I worked for did a lot of work for Vanguard industries in New Ipswich NH, I also ordered parts and fixed the Miller 250 welding machines, I'm looking for any welding job in the Nashua NH area, I hate to say it but being a 42yr old female has made it difficult to find a decent welding job, any advice would be appreciated.

Default Willing to move?

Bobcat in Gwinner, ND is hiring. Always looking for welders. Good pay and benefits.

We need photos... not samples of your welds, but pics of you.

I believe if your a man or woman it doesn't matter long as you can do the job right in a timely manner.

Default welders

terex in Huron and watertown SD are hiring for welders and they do have some women welders

They were putting a gas pipe line across the place next to me the guy that owns the place saw a person in the ditch welding and thought man that guy is little. So he went over there and when the welder pulled off the helmet all the blonde hair fell out and he said it was one of the prettiest women he had ever seen. So there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodhand View Post
    Obviously, you are not intelligent enough to understand a joke/jest/a bit of humour when it hits you in the face. I thought that, perhaps, the smiley face could give dolts like you a clue... but, alas, some trolls are just wasted.

To interpret my comment to the OP, as being disrespectful, is just plain STUPID.
    Regardless of how the comment was made, it was a stupid thing to say. Work is for work, would you make the same comment to a male looking for a job? I work for a company which would fire you instantly for making a comment like that, her looks are completely irrevlavent to her post. Shes looking for work, shes on a welding site, not match.com. I believe you are in the complete wrong.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

It is truly sad that this thread could sink to such a low level in such a low number of posts.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 280 with AC independent expansion card
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    Miller Digital Elite Titanium 9400

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagn5 View Post
    Regardless of how the comment was made, it was a stupid thing to say. Work is for work, would you make the same comment to a male looking for a job? I work for a company which would fire you instantly for making a comment like that, her looks are completely irrevlavent to her post. Shes looking for work, shes on a welding site, not match.com. I believe you are in the complete wrong.
    Kevin

You sir, hit the nail on the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagn5 View Post
    Kevin
    Oh, geeesh. Here, again, I find myself trying to explain what I posted was just humorous. Just in case you haven't been here very long... many times when a newby posts, wanting help in solving problems, the first thing that is asked for are photos. I merely juxtaposed my request, and asked for photos of the welder, not the weld, never expecting OP to comply. I, certainly, see no disrespect in my request... it was a joke!

Some trolls cruise around these sites just looking for an opportunity to start a fight over nothing. And... other dolts are more than eager to jump in to support the trolls.

(I'm betting that JSFAB is very familiar, as to the advantages of the "lube," that he and his boyfriend use.)
    Last edited by Goodhand; 07-27-2014 at 11:17 PM.