Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Dynasty 200DX Pulse

I have started using my recently acquired Dynasty 200DX (pre-owned) and have been trying to get AC Pulse to work. Doesn't seem to matter where I set it, It just doesn't seem to pulse. Works on DC. I have tried all sorts of combinations: PPS from .1 to 60 Pt from 10-75 P% from 5-50 Yes, the Pulse "ON" light is lit Even did a "RESET" The only change in arc character is with A/C Frequency... Is this a bad unit? Or am I missing something Coke cans are not a great place to start, but that is the only scrap aluminum I have. But it did find a problem! Glen

If you are welding on coke cans what is your peak amperage. I ask because I was trying to weld on cans and the pulse didn't seem to work. I think if your percentage of peak amps is lower than the minimum weld amperage it doesn't pulse. I turned up my peak amperage and tuned down the on time and had pulse. Hope this helps.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.