Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    Then check for a failed SR1.

My guess would be one side is bad.
    SR1. I'll dig in my manual, find it and order it. I appreciate the help very much. Thank you.

I said it would be my guess that it's bad but I would still test it first before buying a new one.

Don't just be a parts changer but figure out what's wrong and replace/fix only what's necessary.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Quote Originally Posted by duaneb55 View Post
    I said it would be my guess that it's bad but I would still test it first before buying a new one.

Don't just be a parts changer but figure out what's wrong and replace/fix only what's necessary.
    I understand Duane. I probably just need to take it somewhere as I'm not an electrician at all. I can change parts, but electrical troubleshooting isn't my strong point. SR1 was just a $10 part so I went ahead and bought one. Problem is, when I got it the tang configuration is different than the OEM original on the machine. The original has 4 tangs all coming out from the body of the SR1 in the same configuration. However the new one has 3 facing the same direction and 1 twisted sideways. Not sure which wire goes to which tang.

The exsisting one will have a knotch, thats positive, the new one with the tang not like the others is positive (should say on the side of the bridge anyways) so diagnol to it is neg, (X pattern)and with the other 2 being the AC inputs.

What cruizer said and/or the tangs may be stamped with their IDs (+, AC, -, AC) as well.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Default Mega Thanks to Duane and Cruizer

I want to tell you two guys (Duane and Cruizer) that I owe you a beer if you get in the Waco Texas area. You guys just saved me a ton of money. The SR1, once I got it hooked up right, worked like a champ. The ol' Blue Star 2e is humming and arcing like a new one. I really appreciate your help and assistance. Thank you both.