Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default smoking Dynasty 200 dx

Was running an edge weld in 18 guage steel with pulse then it quit welding, started to make funny noises and when I was going to turn it off smoke started rolling out of it. I unplugged it and waited for the smoke to clear. Messaged the salesman here in town who has always been very helpful and waiting for a response. Got a pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm sure they'll get it fixed.
    HTP Invertig221 D.V. Water-cooled
    Eastwood MIG175 w/spoolgun
    Eastwood Versacut40 Plasma cutter

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 1bughood View Post
    Was running an edge weld in 18 guage steel with pulse then it quit welding, started to make funny noises and when I was going to turn it off smoke started rolling out of it. I unplugged it and waited for the smoke to clear. Messaged the salesman here in town who has always been very helpful and waiting for a response. Got a pic.
    How did you wire it at the plug?? Red wire connected or tied off..??

120v..?? 240v?? 6-50..??

New machine?? Serial number..??.......
    Last edited by H80N; 07-12-2014 at 01:20 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Definately roasted the mod, and mother board. Doesn't happen often, but
    I have seen it there the wires on the switch were installed wrong on single phase though.

Bought the machine new in March. Don't know how it was wired. The Matheson dealer installed the plug.

Always run on 230 v

Well, its all warranty then, quite likely it'll be replaced though.

Holy smoke!

im no professional but usually when smoke comes out of something electronic id bet its no good now

Please do keep us updated as to what happened/went wrong and what it is miller changed out.