Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default spotted some welders at a pawn shop

i spotted 3 welder at a pawn shop two were lincoln and one was a miller. the niller one said high frequency on it and the two linconls sait tig .i'll go back to get some pictures but i tried searching on the internet for them but couldn't locate anything that looks like them.the miller was painted black. the lincolns was painted with the lincoln red all 3 units was in new out the box shape. i have been looking for the cheapest way to go so i can run tig off my bobcat when on road jobs. the two lincolns looked like they would do the job i think the number on the side of them said m80 or it might have been n80

Smile HF Box

Quote Originally Posted by tommy2069 View Post
    i the niller one said high frequency on it .........the miller was painted black.
    Am betting that the Miller unit is a HF add on box like an HF-251...

which is not a stand alone welder but an acces to a welding power supply..

BTW... they were painted black up until a few years ago..

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/AY5-0.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

yep thats it it was just painted black looked brand new they was asking 550.00 for it the same price for the lincoln tig boxs

sorry i posted this in the wrong section if anyone can they can move it for me.thanks.

could i use this with my bobcat? i don
    t have no 14 pin receptical but could i run just my welding leads to it like my aluminum spool gun box? i'm trying to get back into tig welding it's been over 17 years sinse i even touched a tig machine. but i want everything to be able to run off my bobcat so i can do any type of welding on road jobs .right now i'm setting up my 16' double axle trailer as a mobil fab shop with everything from pipe benders to my homade plate bender.i don't like turning down a job because i just don't have the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy2069 View Post
    could i use this with my bobcat? i don
    t have no 14 pin receptical but could i run just my welding leads to it like my aluminum spool gun box? i'm trying to get back into tig welding it's been over 17 years sinse i even touched a tig machine. but i want everything to be able to run off my bobcat so i can do any type of welding on road jobs .right now i'm setting up my 16' double axle trailer as a mobil fab shop with everything from pipe benders to my homade plate bender.i don't like turning down a job because i just don't have the equipment.
    Maybe... probably with a bit of adapting..

will have to see what model it is... then go from there....

this looks like a prime example of why a Trailblazer is a better investment than Bobcat... if you intend to expand capabilities like HF-TIG, Spoolgun or Suitcase Feeder...

That darned 14 pin sure would make it simple...
    Last edited by H80N; 07-05-2014 at 01:41 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default spotted some welders at a pawn shop

There was a guy on weldingweb that added a 14 pin to an older bobcat. I believe his user name was Duane 55. Might be worth a look.

Thumbs up duaneb55

Quote Originally Posted by JOE WAYNE View Post
    There was a guy on weldingweb that added a 14 pin to an older bobcat. I believe his user name was Duane 55. Might be worth a look.
    duaneb55 is and has been a regular here for many years...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

thanks i'll look him up.at the time the trailblazer was out of my budget.

Question

Did you ever get any model numbers or pics..??....

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

had to do a job but i'm gonna try to make it back there this week to check into them more and get pics and model numbers