Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Millermatic 211 drive motor issue.

I've got a Millermatic 211 with less than 2 hours of run time on it, bought it brand new about 3.5 years ago and am just getting back into some fab work. I was tacking up a set of brackets yesterday when all of the sudden the drive motor crapped out. The ground and stinger are in great shape, the liner is clean, brand new 8 lb. spool of wire, full bottle of 75/25. I pulled all the wire back out of the stinger and made sure the spool wasn't grounding out anywhere. Pulled the stinger lead out of the connector and made sure it was clean, reinstalled it and tightened it down. When the welder is on I can here the trigger clicking and gas flows, but the drive motor does not spin. I pulled the main cover off and there are no loose connections. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Default Did you...

...Bump the spool gun switch?
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.