Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default applogize in advance..

Sorry to redo this thread a million times over. But who chooses either miller elite or speedglas for everyday 40-50 hrs per week under the hood?

Had an old elite that was just ok- before digital style( heard better now). Heard speedglas has some sort of ventilation holes?...but seemed awkward on my head. Any input very appreciated as i have about 35 years until retirement lol.

Cool

I have a Miller Pro Hobby and weld 60 hrs a week with zero issues...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

i use a miller elite have been for years with no complaints and i sometimes put in 80 + houres a week with it.. i really wouldn't redomend any overhead welding with it but i use it for all types of positions even overhead after this one melts down i have another one in a box bradn new to takes it's place.if i was to just weld in my shop it wouldn't bother me to buy a high dollar shield because in my shop i flip the projects so that way i can run welds on the flat to try to reduce the heat i put on it.

I work in a sheet metal manufacturing shop, so a lot of fit up and tacking with thin steel, ss,and alum, so autodark helps me a ton- especially meeting job times.

ive had my elite for almost 8 years.... used to weld 40 to 50 hrs a week with it. now about 10 great helmet.... newer ones have better access to settings

I've got a Miller Elite that I've had for a few years now.
    No real issues apart from breaking a couple of head bands.
    Compared to my mates Speedglas I find the Speedglas more comfortable and the colour through the lens a bit better compared to the Elite.
    When this Elite dies I think I'll get a Speedglas helmet next.
    Regards Andrew from Oz.
    We are tig welders, gravity doesn't worry us.

Miller Dynasty 350 Tig.
    OTC AVP300 AC/DC 300 amp hybrid wave Tig. (now retired)
    Kemppi MLS 2300 230amp AC/DC Tig for home with all the bells and whistles.