Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Big blue 300 pro Voltage issue

I have had a big blue 300 pro for awhile now and I like it quite a bit. Was looking for a vantage but got a great deal on this. I have run into my first problem with it. I use it as a back up generator. I noticed when we were using it recently that the output voltage was 130v. This was on a surge meter I have in the house. I double checked the outlets on the welder with a dmm and found that those are also reading 130v.

When there is a big drawl on it the voltage goes to 115-120 but other than that it hovers at 130. Before this last time all the readings were 120 nominal. So what happened? Is there a generator voltage regulator that fails? I have read there have been issues on the welder side with a regulator. I am hoping someone can give me some good advice on what I need to do in order to get this straightened out.

Does the unit read exactly 41 volts high idle, on the display?

When in stick mode it reads 40. volts and 410 amps

When set for a vs wire feeder it reads 40.6 volts and 0 amps

RPM MUST BE SET AT 61.6HZ, yours is not there. Now if its at that level. Then you have a voltage board issue. 41 Volts is what it MUST be at in stick This value is what the voltage board is trying to make and is a sign for the techs that something just isn't right.

Get a meter that reads hertz (HZ) plug the probes into the 120Vac receptacle, and with a 10mm box end wrench adjust the high idle screw on the injector pump.