Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: multimatic 200

Default multimatic 200

i was just wondering if miller has any plans on making the multimatic 200 a little more powerful,like maybe in the 250-300 amp max range,same unit just some more power. something like that would suit my needs a little better than what it is now.love everything about the "200" , mig. tig.stick. suitcase portability.just need more power.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick5112 View Post
    i was just wondering if miller has any plans on making the multimatic 200 a little more powerful,like maybe in the 250-300 amp max range,same unit just some more power. something like that would suit my needs a little better than what it is now.love everything about the "200" , mig. tig.stick. suitcase portability.just need more power.
    If they did you would lose the 120 volt capably and it would 230 volt or higher only.
    Miller MultiMate 200 MIG/ Stick/TIG
    Retired
    Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter
    Master Electrician
    Amateur Home shop Machinist & Welder

Default multimatic 200-more power

Quote Originally Posted by wmgeorge View Post
    If they did you would lose the 120 volt capably and it would 230 volt or higher only.
    I disagree George,what I was thinking was a long the lines of the of the models of longevity and thermal arc mts 252i. they are 110/220 volt,they put out 250-300 amps mig tig and stick.i wish miller would make the '' 200'' more powerful like those but in the suitcase design they have.granted it would have to be heavier like those ones but I could live with it to have it be suitcase portable.it would be the ultimate welding machine,power plus portability.sweet

They won't make it because it pretty much exists already. Xmt line with accessories pretty much covers everything in higher amp classes. Plus they are more portable than an all in one.