I run into some "shocking" problems last week with my remote last week.

We have had quite a bit of rain here lately and I started to get shocks. The truck was hot as well as the remote. The remote connection where the cable screws on to it when checked with a volt meter showed about 80VAC. If the head was disconnected from the cable there was no longer an issue.

The manufacturer of the remote was less than helpful so I was left to my own devices to take it apart. It turns out that the box was not very well sealed and the insulation inside had gotten wet.

I removed the insulation and resiliconed around the electrical plug-ins (the original cause of leakage.) I also had a journeyman electrician look at it an he said that a ground should also go to the case. I made up one and installed it.

Seems to work fine now!

Byron