Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default faulty elite helmet

Guys,
    Do any of you have the address to where I can send my miller digital elite helmet in for service ?
    Gotta check my receipt when I get home, so if it's out of warranty what is the costs and turn around time ?

Thanks
    Syncrowave® 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125
    Lincoln Weld Pak 100 wire feed

Quote Originally Posted by FABMAN View Post
    Guys,
    Do any of you have the address to where I can send my miller digital elite helmet in for service ?
    Gotta check my receipt when I get home, so if it's out of warranty what is the costs and turn around time ?

Thanks
    Have you tried replacing the batteries..?? there is some tomfoolery involved..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...hlight=battery

Battery%20info%20003.jpg

Last edited by H80N; 06-18-2014 at 08:33 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

Also keep it out in the open where it will get some light/sun.

I was keeping mine in the bag stored in a locker and it was eating batteries.

Have kept it in front of a west facing window and no more issues!

Take the helmet to your LWS and they will send it in for you!
    Last edited by ericher69; 06-18-2014 at 09:29 AM.

For warranty service you are supposed to contact the Miller distributor you bought it from. When my Digital Performance shield started acting up, I had to contact the online store I bought it from. The lady there had me give her the serial number off the lens and she reported it to Miller. By the time she had received my bad one, she had a replacement from Miller and put it in the mail to me the same day she received mine.

thanks for all the info here guys...

this digital elite helmet is only 16 months old and still under warranty, so if need be i will contact the online company i got it from, and go from there.

i did read in the manual where it says if its acting intermittently like mine is, to increase the sensitivity, so i will try that tomorrow and go from there. for 1 year it has worked fine on the 4 setting i had it at, but who knows..

i have always used duralast batteries in my 6 year old elite helmet with no problems, and they are only .004" thinner than the Panasonic.

never, ever had a problem with my older elite helmet, with the manual knob style adjusters, and i had a feeling this new digital elite might give me problems. just wish they still had the standard elite available.

thanks again guys, and i will let you know how it goes in the next few days..
    Syncrowave® 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125

Quote Originally Posted by mbramble View Post
    For warranty service you are supposed to contact the Miller distributor you bought it from. When my Digital Performance shield started acting up, I had to contact the online store I bought it from. The lady there had me give her the serial number off the lens and she reported it to Miller. By the time she had received my bad one, she had a replacement from Miller and put it in the mail to me the same day she received mine.
    I bought mine online USA. Brought it to my local Miller dealer (Canada) with receipt and they took care of it for me. Just want to make sure you choose the quickest option to get back in buisiness.

Ok guys,

called Cyberweld, where i ordered the helmet from, and sent the lens back to them, once they receive it they will ship me a new one the same day.
    fair enough....
    thanks for the help guys
    Syncrowave® 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125

FABMAN
    Glad it worked out for you!

ok guys, cyberweld received my faulty lens on tuesday, and i had the new one yesterday, two days turnaround, super fast delivery, and the new lens is working like a charm. they even had it loaded with new batteries, so for now i am happy.
    Syncrowave® 200
    Lincoln AC/DC 225/125

Great news - great service everyone is happy.