Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Dynasty 300 DX

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Richmond Va
    Posts
    57

    Default Dynasty 300 DX

    I have often wondered what happened to this model. I bought one and love it but the very next year they came out with the 350 machine and now they no longer make the 300 which somewhat makes this machine obsolete. They still make the dynasty 200 so why did they quit making the Dynasty 300?

    Other than total output were there any major other changes they did to the Dynasty 350?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    157

    Default Dynasty 300 DX

    Dynasty 280

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    7,741

    Default

    Bad design, initial ones had a lot of warranty issues. Figured it out towards the end of production/ Too little too late, so the 350 was born.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Richmond Va
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Bad design, initial ones had a lot of warranty issues. Figured it out towards the end of production/ Too little too late, so the 350 was born.

    Sorry it took so long to get back here, been really busy lately. What kind of problems were they having?

    I bought this machine because at the time I was going to expand my business. Being in a recreational type business had it's ups and downs and pretty much anything could effect your bottom line from weather, politics, economy......oh especially the economy and was always looking for something to do during the off times to keep my help busy.

    When I was talking to the welding supplier I had been dealing with for years and told them what I was planning they suggested this machine and at the time they said it was the latest and the greatest and was more than capable of doing what I wanted to do so I bought it. Then less than a year later they came out with the 350 and then they tried to get me to move up saying pretty much that the Dynasty 300 was out dated and that the new machine was so much better and if I was going to keep doing the type work I was planning to do I just had to move up. MY, my, what just a few months can do the the latest and the greatest gadget you just added to your tool box.

    Fast forward a few months....then years. I never got that project off the ground. We lost the building we were in and had to move to another location. The new location didn't have enough power in the outbuilding that was suitable for the type of work this expansion would require but it could be upgraded if someone was willing to spend the money to do it. One year led to two, then before I knew it three years had gone by and I still was not able to get that part of the operation up and running.

    Then, just when I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, this new leader with his Hope and Change came along and within a couple years I was hoping to find enough change to put gas in my truck to get to work. Not only did I not get my new upstart up and running I ended up closing down altogether.

    I guess what I am saying is I bought this machine and for most of it's life it has been in storage and not used at all. Now finally after 6 years of Hope and Change I have finally almost finished building my shop at home and want to get my fabrication and powder coat shop up and running and was wondering what to expect out of this once latest and greatest piece of equipment when I start to use it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Milan Michigan
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    I've had my Dynasty 300 DX since approximately 2007 and compared to the synchrowave I had is leaps and bounds better.

    Trust me when I say it is still a high tech machine and most people that own them don't know all of the capabilities it has to offer.

    The new 280 and the 350 will let you adjust the electrode negative side of the wave form and I'm sure there are a few other things I don't know about.

    But to sum things up its still very high tech and if you want to sell it I would love to have a second one in the shop.

    Do a search on you tube for Chris Razor, He does the critical work and is a person that needs and knows how to tweak the bells and whistles out of the new machines.

    The other 95% of us Tig welders have all the welder that we need in a Dynasty 300.

    Don't let some salesmen sell you way more machine than you need.

    Keep in Mind: Cruizer is on the repair side of things and I'm on the user side, I have never had a problem with mine in approximately 7 years.

    I say use it and make money with it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    7,741

    Default

    When working it is a nice machine, but from a repair point of view, its a boat anchor. Every once is a while probably best to go in and tighten all components especially on the left side. Thos 5/16" head bolts come loose and instant problems. Also use dielectric grease on all molex connections, NOT ribbon cables.

    Use a moisturizer creme on the front panel to keep it from stiffening up. This is a big problem on this unit. Do not use industrial cleaners

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Richmond Va
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    When working it is a nice machine, but from a repair point of view, its a boat anchor. Every once is a while probably best to go in and tighten all components especially on the left side. Thos 5/16" head bolts come loose and instant problems. Also use dielectric grease on all molex connections, NOT ribbon cables.

    Use a moisturizer creme on the front panel to keep it from stiffening up. This is a big problem on this unit. Do not use industrial cleaners
    Thanks.....As this machine has sit in storage for most of it's life in a non temp controlled environment I guess I should go over it good and give it some TLC before I put it to work, just to be on the safe side. What a waste that project turned out to be. Hopefully once I finally get my building finished I can use it and maybe get something out of I have invested in it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Richmond Va
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    I've had my Dynasty 300 DX since approximately 2007 and compared to the synchrowave I had is leaps and bounds better.

    Trust me when I say it is still a high tech machine and most people that own them don't know all of the capabilities it has to offer.

    The new 280 and the 350 will let you adjust the electrode negative side of the wave form and I'm sure there are a few other things I don't know about.

    But to sum things up its still very high tech and if you want to sell it I would love to have a second one in the shop.

    Do a search on you tube for Chris Razor, He does the critical work and is a person that needs and knows how to tweak the bells and whistles out of the new machines.

    The other 95% of us Tig welders have all the welder that we need in a Dynasty 300.

    Don't let some salesmen sell you way more machine than you need.

    Keep in Mind: Cruizer is on the repair side of things and I'm on the user side, I have never had a problem with mine in approximately 7 years.

    I say use it and make money with it.
    Thanks!! that's good to know. I know most of the time when you let things sit idle for a long time it does more harm than using them. In the past it seems that every time I tried to use it after it had sat for awhile I had to replace something. I have had to replace the torch cooling lines several times because I guess the sunlight had gotten to them and worked on the rubber causing them to fail. I guess I should change out the antifreeze in the CoolMate too. That stuff has been in the machine since I got it. Can you use regular 50/50 mix like goes in your car or truck or is there something special in the Miller brand that is needed?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    11

    Smile HUH?!!!! moisturizer creme ???

    Quote Originally Posted by mx842 View Post
    Thanks!! that's good to know. I know most of the time when you let things sit idle for a long time it does more harm than using them. In the past it seems that every time I tried to use it after it had sat for awhile I had to replace something. I have had to replace the torch cooling lines several times because I guess the sunlight had gotten to them and worked on the rubber causing them to fail. I guess I should change out the antifreeze in the CoolMate too. That stuff has been in the machine since I got it. Can you use regular 50/50 mix like goes in your car or truck or is there something special in the Miller brand that is needed?
    So i caught my girl looking over my shoulder when i was scrolling through this post when she cracks out a giggle when i get to the "moisturizer creme " part.
    today she throws a curve with '*** wax for surfboards'-( she calls my old windsurfer a surf board) and asks me if i swiped her hand creme lotion.
    so after searching the archives and finding lotsa posts with 'dielectric grease on molex connectors' , didnt find anything on moisturizer creme ,
    so im asking
    if the reason for the front panel cracking is from the welding arc rays? Or general uv light? Defective material selection?
    shes ribbing me and asking if the poor thing needs sunblock!
    and im curious how the repair guys came up with repair solution
    Of moisturizer creme ??
    sounds like something outa Cheech and Chong-"and the dog ate my weed!" Scene.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    7,741

    Default

    I come up with allota wierd stuff that actually works and yes, that front membrane needs moisturizer, NOT dielectric grease, and not automotive grease. Both of the latter will frig that screen up. If you want to get MANLY, then use tire foam, or Mothers dash detailer. (NOT Armorall & Not WD-40).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.