Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 4 line hydraulic cylinder

Hay, its been a while. I have a 2 stage telescoping hydrolic cylinder that I have never seen before. It has 2 inlets at the top and 2 inlets at the bottom of the cylinder. One of the top inlets, and one of the bottom inlets is plugged with a threaded pipe plug. The outside rod of the telescoping cylinder has a small strap welded from the outside cylinder to the packing ring on the outside rod, apparently to keep it from moving, but it is not near strong enough to stop it if it has any intentional pressure put on it. I will try to get a picture posted if I can. Wondering if any one knows what this might be for. It has me baffled. I was intending to use it for a log splitter I am going to build.
    To all who contribute to this board.
    My sincere thanks , Pete.

Pureox OA
    Westinghouse 300 amp AC stick
    Miller Syncrowave 250
    Hexacon 250 watt solder iron

Usually from what I've seen a telescoping cylinder is used on forklift masts and on dump trucks so the dump bodies can raise. How long is this cylinder?

Are You going to split the entire tree in one push? Never tried it that way.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.