Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Hey guys, need help with an Invertec 350pro.

Well,
    We're here again fellas.
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...pro-has-landed
    Here's the weldingweb link, should answer most of your questions, but if not, just ask me some more.

Thanks for your time.

~John
    Life is to short for cheap tools.

Pretty darn old program in there, likely a programming glitch, best to take it into a repair shop and get them to down load the new program into it. I can tell simply looking at the front display. You might try a clear all, but turning the machine off, press the mode button, turn the machine on, and with the right dial go over to clr all. release the mode button, and the unit will clear the memory

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Pretty darn old program in there, likely a programming glitch, best to take it into a repair shop and get them to down load the new program into it. I can tell simply looking at the front display. You might try a clear all, but turning the machine off, press the mode button, turn the machine on, and with the right dial go over to clr all. release the mode button, and the unit will clear the memory

Thank you, I'm guessing you found that in your tech manuel???

I'll give it a try, it worked for my Powermig 300 if you remember.

~John

Quote Originally Posted by AKweldshop View Post
    Thank you, I'm guessing you found that in your tech manuel???

I'll give it a try, it worked for my Powermig 300 if you remember.

~John
    Nope, found it in my tech head, I love these machines and worked on hundreds

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Nope, found it in my tech head, I love these machines and worked on hundreds

Well,
    I did the clear all, and it just returned to err-33, than began scrolling.

Check on my thread on WW>

You might be the last resort.
    Everyone tells me its a DOA POS.
    http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php...pro-has-landed

well, its sensing a voltage error, so might want to verify that the input voltage is correct and ok, ok. The big thing in these units is the digital power board. left side of the machine. Make sure that there is 2 red lights on it when the power is turned on.

Just because your not using the red wire does not mean its wired correct in the machine

Ok,
    Sorry I haven't been paying attention to this thread.
    If you had been watching the WW thread, you might of noticed I updated the thread a week ago, saying that the machine had blown up.
    Made a big boom, and went dead.
    But I just blew my 50amp breaker, and didn't know it.

So,
    I Flipped the breaker back on, and the machine powered on, and we are at the EXACT same spot when we started this thread.

SO,
    I called the Lincoln tech back up, and told him the latest on it.
    He said pull the cover off, and grab a multimeter.
    245vac ac went into the input rectifier, I checked wires 207, and 209, coming out of the input rectifier, going to the board, and we only had 50vdc.
    Kevin said we should have 350vdc going to the board.

So,
    Cruizer,
    $400 input rectifier replace, or do you suppose it damaged the board when it blew???

Thanks,
    ~John