Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default millermatic 200 stoped working woes

I've have had a millermatic 200 serial #jd7322347 since buyin it new. Great machine, but has now developed a problem.
    I was welding tacks and when I let off the trigger the wire stuck, no problem except this time I had to cut the wire.
    Everything works,fan feder,gas flow, but NO WELDING POWER. I do get a small spark when I pull trigger but no welding power.
    I would like to ba able to fix it myself verses hauling it 30miles and payin.
    HELP. Doug

Its still in warranty correct? I think a phone call to Miller would be in order if you haven't already done so. I'd think some sort of reset would be the answer.
    Miller MultiMate 200 MIG/ Stick/TIG
    Retired
    Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter
    Master Electrician
    Amateur Home shop Machinist & Welder

I don't think it's possible for a 200 to have a warranty. There has been two successors to it now...

Oops my bad, thought it was a Multimatic 200.

Does the contractor click in? Wire feed motor run?
    Miller MultiMate 200 MIG/ Stick/TIG
    Retired
    Journeyman Refrigeration Pipefitter
    Master Electrician
    Amateur Home shop Machinist & Welder

Quote Originally Posted by izzydog View Post
    I've have had a millermatic 200 serial #jd7322347 since buyin it new. Great machine, but has now developed a problem.
    I was welding tacks and when I let off the trigger the wire stuck, no problem except this time I had to cut the wire.
    Everything works,fan feder,gas flow, but NO WELDING POWER. I do get a small spark when I pull trigger but no welding power.
    HELP. Doug
    With that serial number it is a 20 year old unit... (Not too bad an interval before it needed service..)

can you hear the contactor "CLUNK"...?? when you pull the trigger..??

there are a whole bunch of MM200 troubleshooting threads.. that are worth searching and reading...
    Last edited by H80N; 07-09-2014 at 07:54 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by izzydog View Post
    HELP. Doug
    Diagnosis...

Machine ON, pull gun trigger feed wire out 2", set wire speed to "0". Get an ohm meter set it to voltage, connect + to gun and - to ground, pull trigger on gun and read voltage. With machine power set to 6 on the control you should have a reading around 26 volts on the wire. If not the rectifier bridge is bad most likely. It is located in the top of the machine about mid way, it has 4 wires and is held in place with 1 screw in the center. what ever you do don't mix the wires up when changing, change them one at a time. Just my best guess

Most likely is not a rectifier bridge. Most likely is contactor points burned, then female connectors burned, then some other stuff, then rectifier. Start with the cheap, easy, and common problems first.