Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Extra parts in my LN-25

Had to open up my LN-25 today, replace the power cable.

I found two blue somethings floating around in there.

It still works fine, but I notice I tend to fuse the wire to the tip more often when first starting a weld.

Are these capacitors? What is their function??

Code number is 10558, Serial number is U1031110068.

First picture shows the PC board, likely mounting points are just to the right of the existing similar part.

Second picture shows the two "floaters" sitting on top of the LN-25, you can also see the likely mounting points in this pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Have new caps. How do I tell which side of each cap (+ and -) goes to which terminal on the PC board, or does it matter?
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

That's ok. I now have the complete wiring diagram for that particular circuit board. Don't need any more "help". Thanks, everybody.

Well, where do they go? Also, i have the same machine if you need any pictures.