Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Digital Elite fogging?

I own 2 old Elites (with adjustment knobs) and 2 Digital Elites, 1 of which is BN.
    I've never had the problem with either of my old Elites, or my older Digital, but my new one fogs on the outside of the actual auto darkening lens, under the outside plastic protector lens?
    This is driving me nuts! I also noticed that when I grab my hood to start welding, quite a few times the lens was on even though I'm absolutely sure I shut it off after the last use.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

Move it back from your face, if you have a fore and aft adjustment.
    Or get the cool pak head gear.
    I have the same problem, you got to learn to weld fast so you can still see at the end of the bead.
    If it is a real long bead clamp up some angle irons to keep you going straight.
    I had a welder in the shop one time that would start a bead, lift his hood and smoke a cigarette, still running the bead (7024).

Good Luck,
    Bob

BTW: I just got the new digital elite, it has auto on now. I sent my old one down the road with the kid that went on to bigger and better things.

The new head gear is nice once you get used to it. With the old head, did not matter who's hood
    just would not stay on my cone head, nothing to grip up there.
    Now that flexing back strap folds down to catch the last few hairs on my head.
    Not perfect mind you, but works way better.
    I always wanted to just nail the hood to my head so that it would stop flying off evertime I knodded my head.

B
    Last edited by Bob Miller; 06-19-2014 at 01:57 AM. Reason: add stuff
    Millermatic 252 w/30A
    Big Blue Air Pak
    Ellis 3000 Band Saw
    Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
    8-RC
    Dynasty 200 DX
    XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
    Millermatic 211
    Passport Plus
    Spectrum 625 X-TREME