Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    isn't that VQ35DE the same basic engine that Nissan puts in the 350Z....???

    should be some solid reliable performance info out there for it by now...

    would hope... anyhow..

    Any of this real..?? or is it vaporware..??

    http://www.injectedperformance.com/blog/tag/vq35de/

    Yes...same and I hesitate to say but I am now (in my mind) an expert on the whole Z/G modify engine working process.

    It turned into a "built engine" in Houston TX....but at my power levels prob not necessary but its done.

    Its real I think.

    I've been all over the country visiting shops in my travels and the ONLY place I trust is Dynasty....

    http://www.dynosty.com

  2. #12

    Default

    Check this out-
    http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...21477&page=120

    page 120 post# 2396.

    This guy is the private personal for the Jesse James Chopper shop.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,265

    Thumbs up

    as far as learning TIG...

    there are plenty of good online resources like this..

    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ur-skills/tig/

    not to mention youtube and weldingtipsandtricks

    http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/tig-welding.html

    do some studying..

    get some clean material to practice on.. prep it..

    setup your machine and practice... you will get a feel for it... not overnight but you will get it..

    put some Dire Straits,,, Clapton or other with a good beat on the shop stereo.. and have at it.. it will help develop your rythm...

    dip,,, move...dip... move...etc...
    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    as far as learning TIG...

    there are plenty of good online resources like this..

    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ur-skills/tig/

    not to mention youtube and weldingtipsandtricks

    http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/tig-welding.html

    do some studying..

    get some clean material to practice on.. prep it..

    setup your machine and practice... you will get a feel for it... not overnight but you will get it..

    put some Dire Straits,,, Clapton or other with a good beat on the shop stereo.. and have at it.. it will help develop your rythm...

    dip,,, move...dip... move...etc...
    Yes thanks-

    Me attempting to tac a few months ago.


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,265

    Thumbs up

    It's kinda like "Wax on... Wax off".........

    if you remember that movie...

    might seem repetative and pointless... bit it will get you there in time...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PycZtfns_U

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg21M2zwG9Q

    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,265

    Thumbs up

    For practice cutting... fitting.... tacking and welding exhaust tubing...

    you might go down to a local muffler shop and see if they will let you dig in their scrap bin for some drops and shorts..

    they are usually car guys and will probably let you scrounge..

    and yes mild steel will weld a little bit different than stainless.. but close enough to be quite useful...

    Besides if you foodl-dey-duck up some free mild steel... it will not hurt like if it was expensive stainless..
    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    For practice cutting... fitting.... tacking and welding exhaust tubing...

    you might go down to a local muffler shop and see if they will let you dig in their scrap bin for some drops and shorts..

    they are usually car guys and will probably let you scrounge..

    and yes mild steel will weld a little bit different than stainless.. but close enough to be quite useful...

    Besides if you foodl-dey-duck up some free mild steel... it will not hurt like if it was expensive stainless..
    Thanks
    You've been a great help but I'm still having the hf arc start problem. I fired it up yesterday and it would arc fire say 5 times then stop working. Then start working...an intermittent problem...frustrating.

    This machine with my back ground may have been a mistake purchase but it is what I have so I'm going to have to do some more trouble shooting.

  8. #18

    Default

    I need a brass ground clamp.

    With my machine should I get the 200 amp or the 300 amp?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/300AMP-COPPE...item4d1df55382

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scratchedup View Post
    Thanks
    You've been a great help but I'm still having the hf arc start problem. I fired it up yesterday and it would arc fire say 5 times then stop working. Then start working...an intermittent problem...frustrating.

    This machine with my back ground may have been a mistake purchase but it is what I have so I'm going to have to do some more trouble shooting.
    it may very well be a matter of getting used to the machine and settings as FusionKing had suggested..

    developing consistant technique takes time and practice ... touching the tung to the work and lifting it off before each arc start... making sure the tung is properly prepped and collets + conductor in torch body are clean.. without tarnish.. corrosion,, spark burn..

    also... had you checked and tightened cable connections as Cruizer had suggested??

    ANOTHER approach you might think about is to sell the Dynasty you have and invest in a new one...
    it really depends on if your budget will allow... and if you wish to bypass the learning curve/grief of arc starts on the older one... probably have no problem selling it

    or even find a newer "Blue Lightning" equipped one on the used market...
    (Dynasty 200 with a serial# of LJ280222L and above are equipped with "Blue Lightning")

    And you could go directly to working on the car...
    Last edited by H80N; 05-28-2014 at 02:58 PM.
    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scratchedup View Post
    I need a brass ground clamp.

    With my machine should I get the 200 amp or the 300 amp?

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/300AMP-COPPE...item4d1df55382
    Either one should be fine... but that 300 amp Lenco is reasonable enough.. a little overkill here would not hurt anything..
    .

    *******************************************
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

    Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

    My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

    TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.