Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Chop Saw Setting

Big__Eddy

You are partially correct on the "eyeballing".

When I make the first cut, I use soap stone to mark the end of the cut and make the first cut. If the blade did not hit the mark, or is short of the mark, I readjust the the blade depth with the original blade stop that came with the saw. Make additional cuts until until the blade hits both centers.

For the second cut, roll the pipe and pull the pipe up to the blade where the second cut will be made. Now "eyeball" to see if first cut is parallel to the table. If you are close, make the second cut.

If the cut piece just falls out you're good to go. If the cut is incomplete, roll the pipe with the blade down to cut the remaining piece. At this point you can make a stop to index the the first cut and you will be able to repeat cuts as quickly as you can handle the pipe.

The training time is minimal, after my 3rd pipe was cut, I was able to "eyeball' the set point for the second cut. Be sure that the blade is properly set.

Paul
    Last edited by sancobg; 06-03-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    Executive Director
    USMC Veterans Organization of America
    Enlistment: 1965-1967
    WIA Vietnam 11 May 1965
    Website USMCVOA.org

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 74

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.