Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thanks H80N.

I warned I was a newbieee. I guess machines are different. so the 200dx is an inverter welder?

I have had two friends who are welders come over and they seem kinda baffled by the machine.

wow
    Tungsten Guide Book if great!

Yup,,, the Dynasty is an inverter...

totally different animal than the older Transformer based chopper or magnetic amplifier machines...

But a WHOLE HECK of a LOT BETTER...

and yes all the settings and nested menus can be kinda daunting... but hang on and take your time,,,

there are a whole bunch of us that have been in your position...

lots of threads on finicky arc starts and the need to tap the tung against the workpiece before trying to start your arc...
    odd but doable...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by scratchedup View Post
    wow
    Tungsten Guide Book if great!
    Wish we still had the "Miller TIG Handbook"

I still have not given up...

Hope they have not forgotton....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

I think what I might do is take the cover off and take careful pictures of the internals of machine, connections, torch, tungsten, pedal, gas tank & fittings...and post them here.

For what its worth one thing I did was replace the power cord with a 16' 6GA cable that plugs into 230v. I used huge terminal connectors inside the machine.

I think what I might do is take the cover off and take careful pictures of the internals of machine, connections, torch, tungsten, pedal, gas tank & fittings...and post them here.

For what its worth one thing I did was replace the power cord with a 16' 6GA cable that plugs into 230v. I used huge terminal connectors inside the machine.
    Thas silly & a little dumb, machine only runs 20 amps at 230. a bit over kill don't ya think, Did you put the connectors on correct, ie NOT to the Red, so the first 2 two top lugs left to right

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Thas silly & a little dumb, machine only runs 20 amps at 230. a bit over kill don't ya think, Did you put the connectors on correct, ie NOT to the Red, so the first 2 two top lugs left to right
    This stuff is not what I do for a living...it is a HOBBY. I am not a welding expert, an electric expert or even proficient...

I wanted a longer power cord so I went to The Home Depot and made a "deal" on what they had left of cable... They had 16' of 6ga and I got it for ~ 75% off.

I figures it could not hurt.... voltage dropppp.?????

Am I "silly and dumb"...I don't really give a shxxt...

My FEELING is that this forum is to help dump shxxxts like me. My fantasy.

For a living I deal with a $35,000,000 piece of equipment......kinda like a heavy equipment operator every day .

I need help with my used DX200.... yes.

Thanks for the input from you all.

This stuff is not what I do for a living...it is a HOBBY. I am not a welding expert, an electric expert or even proficient...

I wanted a longer power cord so I went to The Home Depot and made a "deal" on what they had left of cable... They had 16' of 6ga and I got it for ~ 75% off.

For a living I deal with a $35,000,000 piece of equipment......kinda like a heavy equipment operator every day .

the 6ga cord is massive overkill,,, but so what..??

it won't hurt anything... and much better than undersized...

Hang in there... it will work out..
    Last edited by H80N; 05-22-2014 at 07:20 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

stay with it I'm a welding dummy to. Hey your not going to have any voltage drop.
    Cruzier told me the other day I was silly and probably am don't take it to personal he's a great help.

Its a 40 amp switch, How you fit a #6 cord on it is beyond me, true you won't get voltage drop, but a #10 would have been fine, even lugs and a #8. really want to make darn sure they are on the correct terminals though

Sorry if I hurt your feelings, but it was simply not nessessary
    Last edited by cruizer; 05-22-2014 at 09:30 PM.