Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flashing helmet

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Default Flashing helmet

What's the warranty on a Miller welding helmet. My just over a year old Digital Performance Series is flashing me. New batteries didn't help. What's next? Will I have to send it away for a long period, buy a new one, or is it fixable? I contacted Millerwelds.com. haven't heard from them yet.

Cool

What brand of batteries did you use?...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

I had a time finding the CR2450 They are Enercell from Radio Shack. The battery says Renata Swiss Made CR2450N. They each test the same 3.11 Volts.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    I had a time finding the CR2450 They are Enercell from Radio Shack. The battery says Renata Swiss Made CR2450N. They each test the same 3.11 Volts.
    Read this thread... it should clarify...

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ghlight=CR2450

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default Flashing helmet

H80N Thank you !!!
    Battery's went dead out on job other day. Called wife she picked up 2-local drug store (Duracell)
    Remembered talk about battery's but no choice only thing they stocked.
    Well needless to say 2 days later my Elite let me down. Was under big scale doing a cast weld and after the 5th time I got flashed went to trailer & grabbed old spare helmet to finish job.
    1st. Thought. Helmet going bad.
    After reading thread. That's it wrong battery's.
    Ordering Miller battery's today.
    Thax again. Greg

Thank you! perhaps I don't need a lens. I can't mic. the old batteries, as I've already replaced them once as a precaution. The new ones are concave on the back side, I wondered if it might be a problem. Zapster on Welding Web is soon having his TIG clinic. Traveling that deep into Massachusets I expect to feel like the only Black man at a KKK convention. The language barrier is sure to be a problem. They only put an R where it doesn't belong, as in Arcadia National Park. It's a golden opportunity. I've never been in the same room with an accomplished TIG welder. This will be at least one, maybe up to six.

Smile

Yea... that battery shape/clip thing has bitten a bunch of us over the years..

here is the service note on it...

Battery info 001.jpg

Last edited by H80N; 05-15-2014 at 04:53 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Thanks, I think you left out the link.

I bought new Miller batteries today, they are shaped different. Within the hour I'll know if it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie B View Post
    Thanks, I think you left out the link.

I bought new Miller batteries today, they are shaped different. Within the hour I'll know if it worked.
    I had posted the pic but it disapeared...

so I reposted it...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Thanks for posting that info I saved it so when my batteries go out.
    Then all I have to do is find where I saved it.