Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bad Idea

Threaded View

Default Bad Idea

Hello Gentlemen. I turned this job down because I felt it was a very bad idea because of the forces involved. It is a bracket on an over the cab camper in Alaska for mounting a 5 cubic foot freezer for fish and meat. I guessed he could probably put about 400 lbs of weight on the back of this thing. At first I thought I might do it but that thing hanging out there and our very rough roads made me cancel the job. Here is my initial plan. 1/4" diamond plate, lots of gussets, big hinge, chains helping support. size of bracket 24" long by 29" wide, a lot of air under that, not to mention the hinge and what its bolted to. I think it is something that could eventually break something some where. Let me know your thoughts on this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.