Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Millermatic 350p aluminum. NOT USED is delayed under wire menu. Help.

Hello new to the forum. I'm a aluminum and steel fabricator. Currently I'm using the 350p and it seams to not be consistent under mig mode. Under the wire menu its displaying NOT USED and I'm wondering what's causing this. Thanks.

You have a 350, not a 350P. straight from the manual it says that MIG only machines will display "NOT USED" in the process screen. this is where pulse would be selected. I just posted a new thread to see if they can be upgraded to pulse. Reading the manual might be a novel idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soutthpaw View Post
    Reading the manual might be a novel idea too.
    If everybody read the manual, this forum wouldn't even exist
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Default well it would exist

As a builder of al al yachts employing men, Ican say IMexp it takes 5 years to make a pro welder on ships, covering all issues from plate prep to weld sequencesSure reading a manuel helpsBest isif you have learned on straight unprogrammed migI am abt to buy a 350p and I would expect, that given the advances in machinetechnology, to be able to produce grade A weldsThe last machines I bought were in 1984 miller and hobart transformer gruntersThey are running still, although the Linear 2 feeders from Hobart are long goneIncidently the Linear system was the only TRUE pulling gun, the rest were all Assist gunsThe Aluma gun,does it truly pull.?

Just needs the center pulse board to make it have pulse. So with top cover removed you'll see a long board, front display board, and inbetween is where you stick the pulse board in.

Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    As a builder of al al yachts employing men, Ican say IMexp it takes 5 years to make a pro welder on ships, covering all issues from plate prep to weld sequencesSure reading a manuel helpsBest isif you have learned on straight unprogrammed migI am abt to buy a 350p and I would expect, that given the advances in machinetechnology, to be able to produce grade A weldsThe last machines I bought were in 1984 miller and hobart transformer gruntersThey are running still, although the Linear 2 feeders from Hobart are long goneIncidently the Linear system was the only TRUE pulling gun, the rest were all Assist gunsThe Aluma gun,does it truly pull.?
    The "push" really doesn't do much other than feed the initial wire through, the "Pull" does everything else. So I don't know what your getting on about. All these push/pull units are basically the same. Where we techs have trouble is when you operators crank down the push spindle which sets off the thermal for this motor