Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default TIG welding cart

I finished the cart for my 280 and the plasma cutter. I decided the bottom shelf was a good place for the Milwaukee Saw.

It is a bit tall but has proven to be quite stable with the considerable weight on it.

It's showing the spare tank as I had ran out of gas with the previous project.

I hope you enjoy. I sure like it.

Here is a link to a youtube vid for the weldable brackets I made for the cart...

Bending the brackets

to be continued...
    Last edited by Robert Hall; 05-06-2014 at 10:37 AM.

a few more...

TBC....
    Last edited by Robert Hall; 05-06-2014 at 10:38 AM.

a few more...

Last edited by Robert Hall; 05-06-2014 at 10:38 AM.

Good looking cart, I'm sure you will get a lot of use out of it.

Default Tig Rod Storage

Hey there Robert:
    Nice job on your cart! I built one similar in design as far as tig storage is concern. One thing that I did and changed was that the 2" PVC storage tubes.
    I cut the tubes right above the half way point and glued screwable connections so that I can store half used tig rods back in the same storage tube. I just bunch up the full tig rods at the top with my hand and slip over the top with top PVC half. http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...rother)-Part-1

NDAV8R
    NDAV8R
    CANCER SURVIVOR
    Commercial Pilot since 1975
    MILLER DYNASTY 350 TIG
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX Tig
    Miller 252 Mig with 30-A Spool Gun
    Lincoln SP 270
    Hypertherm 625 Plazma Cutter
    Bridgeport Milling Machine
    Clausing 10 x 24 Turning Lathe
    Two 1918 16 x 60 South Bend Turning Lathes

Quote Originally Posted by NDAV8R View Post
    Hey there Robert:
    Nice job on your cart! I built one similar in design as far as tig storage is concern. One thing that I did and changed was that the 2" PVC storage tubes.
    I cut the tubes right above the half way point and glued screwable connections so that I can store half used tig rods back in the same storage tube. I just bunch up the full tig rods at the top with my hand and slip over the top with top PVC half. http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...rother)-Part-1

NDAV8R
    Thanks NDAV8R,

I don't mind the caps at the top as I have other storage for the short sticks when I have them. I would like to know where you get your screw tops though. I don't think I have seen them.

Ill be working on a cooler, but I won't stick it up top as I would worry if I sprung a leak it would drain directly into the Dynasty. (of course).

Rockin cart you have there.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hall View Post
    Thanks NDAV8R,

Ill be working on a cooler, but I won't stick it up top as I would worry if I sprung a leak it would drain directly into the Dynasty. (of course).

Rob
    Just take off the chop saw and plant the cooler down low.

Quote Originally Posted by cope View Post
    Just take off the chop saw and plant the cooler down low.

Thats what is going to happen, but I hate losing the spot for my saw.

Here are some images so far of the cooler...

16 Gauge stainless, about a 3.5 gallon capacity.

Scoring the aluminum to make feet for the base...

Here is the base (upside down)

Just for completeness sake, here is the final product. Works great.

IMG_20140726_144518.jpg
    Last edited by Robert Hall; 07-27-2014 at 03:17 PM.