Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: sync 210

Default sync 210

Am I the only one who feels that the sync 210 should come with the pulse and frequency software in the basic package? It's one thing if it is a hardware upgrade like in the old days, but I feel $400 extra just for a few mbs of data is a bit excessive. Am I being too hard on miller?

I'll get you pulse on your machine for 10.00
    Section 6.2 in your manual.

Default You're Not Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Welds View Post
    Am I the only one who feels that the sync 210 should come with the pulse and frequency software in the basic package? It's one thing if it is a hardware upgrade like in the old days, but I feel $400 extra just for a few mbs of data is a bit excessive. Am I being too hard on miller?
    Because of that I've ruled out the Sync 210. I will not buy a machine that does not have fully adjustable pulse and frequency. And frequency should go up to at least 200 Hz.

This is too bad because the Sync 210 is a reasonably priced Blue machine for a non-professional welder. So, at this time, I will consider only the the 200 or 280 DX.

I have considered a TA186. However, it has issues, especially with sluggish pedal response. I've been TIGing all semester on a water cooled 200DXs, and unless I get everything just right my welds go south very quickly.

In summary, if I get a TIG machine it will be Blue, and if it's a 200 or 280 I'll go for the TIG Runner package.

Thumbs up

If you can afford a Dynasty... that is certainly a great way to go...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Default Dynasty 280 DX

I did get the 280 DX, I was surprised that with the TIG Runner there were still things I needed to buy. I was also surprised that packaged, it was no cheaper than buying components. Dyna Steve suggested a foot pedal I love, otherwise I got the same equipment as TIG Runner at a small savings. One incredible outfit!

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Joe View Post
    Because of that I've ruled out the Sync 210. I will not buy a machine that does not have fully adjustable pulse and frequency. And frequency should go up to at least 200 Hz.

This is too bad because the Sync 210 is a reasonably priced Blue machine for a non-professional welder. So, at this time, I will consider only the the 200 or 280 DX.

I have considered a TA186. However, it has issues, especially with sluggish pedal response. I've been TIGing all semester on a water cooled 200DXs, and unless I get everything just right my welds go south very quickly.

In summary, if I get a TIG machine it will be Blue, and if it's a 200 or 280 I'll go for the TIG Runner package.

An expert, in one semester. WOW.

Griff

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

The Dynasty is all you'll ever want! The 280DX is easily portable, The 350 offers one more control. I believe the 200 is somewhat limiting in the mass of aluminum it can handle. Bite the bullet, buy a 280 or 350 you'll never look back.

When it comes to aluminum I think the Dynasty 200 and sync 250 are the minimum machines someone should consider. I dont think the sync 210 or diversions should even exist. Dont rule out the sync 350, I am torn between the two (sync 350, dynasty 350) If my building could handle the power I would have both because they each have their place. But the fact that i can run 3 maybe 4 dynasty 350s on three phase vs one sync on single phase it left me no choice.