Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by southlandrunner View Post
    Be sure and use 2% tungsten and i always use the highest gas flow my reg will put out. Also make sure u r running dc negative. Sounds like u r running dc positive aince the tungsten is doing that.
    Correct on the polarity if he's welding steel, completely wrong on the gas flow no matter what he's welding.
    Miller Trailblazer's ( 2 )...MillerBobcat 250...Millermatic 251's ( 2 )...Miller Syncrowave 200...Miller Syncrowave 180SD...Miller 12VS Suitcases ( 2 )... Hobart Hefty CC/CV Suitcases ( 2 )...Miller 30A Spool Guns ( 2 )...Miller WC 15A Control boxes ( 2 )...Thermo Dynamics Cutmaster 50 Plasma Cutters ( 2 )...Thermo Arc Hi Freq Units ( 2 )...Smith / Victor O/A Sets...DeWalt Power Tools...Craftsman / Snap On Hand Tools... Two Dodge Mobile Rigs

Smile

ld Skool
    Originally Posted by southlandrunner
    Be sure and use 2% tungsten and i always use the highest gas flow my reg will put out. Also make sure u r running dc negative. Sounds like u r running dc positive aince the tungsten is doing that.

Correct on the polarity if he's welding steel, completely wrong on the gas flow no matter what he's welding.

Perhaps we should not be so quick to judge on the gas flow, since we really have no info on what type of regulator is in use. Maybe... his regulator only puts out 15 cfh.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodhand View Post
    Perhaps we should not be so quick to judge on the gas flow, since we really have no info on what type of regulator is in use. Maybe... his regulator only puts out 15 cfh.
    Bad advice is bad advice....40 CFH Argon..?? that was just plain wrong...

we do a great disservice to the beginner when we let that type of misinformation slide...
    Last edited by H80N; 06-20-2014 at 11:59 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com
    =======================
    Miller 211 AutoSet
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX
    Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 42

"The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters"
    Francisco Goya

I too have recently begun tig welding. I scoured the web for a lot of resources and half of the time forget to bookmark those pages. I came across a kickbutt mobile app that basically has everything in it devoted to tig welding. The app name is iTig and I believe it only works on the ipad/iphone.

Hope this helps!

Hi Ronnielyons

It is nice your consultation in the Forum.

People will give you a lot of good advise.

regards