Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Corunna Ont, Canada
    Posts
    450

    Default VERY DISAPOINTED with the new trailblazer 325

    Well I pulled the trigger and bought a new TB325, sold my Pro300D for getting something a little smaller in size, but still have a lots of amps.

    First off I would like to say that it does weld nice once the arc is going.....

    That being said...... heres my thing I HATE about this welder, HOT START IS FOR WELDERS THAT DON'T KNOW HOW TO STRIKE A ARC......It sucks bad starts every where, 6010 with a little wide gap and the furking welder keeps giving you hot start cause it thinks the arc is not right and bam you have a hole to fix........

    SS 3/32 rod......... every start just farked.............. HOT START should never ever be built into a welder............. who ever at Miller thought this would be great should be FIRED........................

    Next thing that really burns my butt.... the TB302 had a nice large fill spout where you could see right in the tank to fill it, I have mine sideways in the box of my truck so the side you need to open to see the fuel level can not be opened, if yo look in the spout to see the level of fuel when filling you can't see the line on the outside to fill it to, maybe in the mould that the tanks are made from put a 1/2" bar sticking in to see the fuel level at it then I can fill it the most I can with out over filling???

    I love all my Miller products and would sell them day in and day out, I feel they make a great product and service and some of the best.

    But Miller should be ashammed of this one........

    I'm sorry if I have offened anyone here but I feel this one is a POS.

    I have about 18 hrs on this machine, I call my area rep and no call back

    If John would like to give me a call shoot me a PM and i will gadly give him my number.

    Ty Moore

    P.S. if there is a way to shut that hot start off and I missed it in the book, please forgive my rant and it will make one awesome machine, now before some of you flame me, there is a few really good ideas on this machine that does make it nice....
    2007 Trailblazer 302G
    2004 Invision 354MP
    1999 60 series feeder
    2005 Maxstar 200DX
    2007 CST280
    1999 HF 251-1
    older Hobart hefty wire feeder
    Hyperthrem 600
    Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
    had and sold........
    2003 XMT 304CC/CV
    1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
    1963 Lincoln SA200G
    1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
    1970's Lincoln SAE400G
    2 Maxstar's 200DX's
    1 Maxstar 200SD
    CST 280
    2 CST 250
    MM130


    Railmen

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    211

    Default Three stick modes

    According to the spec sheet, there are three Stick modes EXX18, EXX10 and Gouge
    EXX18: Optimized for the majority of Stick welding applications.
    EXX10: Hot start and arc characteristics optimized for pipe
    applications.
    Gouge: Maximized output for Air Carbon Arc Cutting
    and Gouging.

    Have you tried both the XX18 and XX10 modes?

    Richard

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Corunna Ont, Canada
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Oh I've tried everything........... every setting, different cables, different rod, standing on my head, held my butt cheeks tight..........

    Railmen
    2007 Trailblazer 302G
    2004 Invision 354MP
    1999 60 series feeder
    2005 Maxstar 200DX
    2007 CST280
    1999 HF 251-1
    older Hobart hefty wire feeder
    Hyperthrem 600
    Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
    had and sold........
    2003 XMT 304CC/CV
    1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
    1963 Lincoln SA200G
    1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
    1970's Lincoln SAE400G
    2 Maxstar's 200DX's
    1 Maxstar 200SD
    CST 280
    2 CST 250
    MM130


    Railmen

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Appleton, Wisconsin U.S.A.
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Railmen View Post
    Well I pulled the trigger and bought a new TB325, sold my Pro300D for getting something a little smaller in size, but still have a lots of amps.

    First off I would like to say that it does weld nice once the arc is going.....

    That being said...... heres my thing I HATE about this welder, HOT START IS FOR WELDERS THAT DON'T KNOW HOW TO STRIKE A ARC......It sucks bad starts every where, 6010 with a little wide gap and the furking welder keeps giving you hot start cause it thinks the arc is not right and bam you have a hole to fix........

    SS 3/32 rod......... every start just farked.............. HOT START should never ever be built into a welder............. who ever at Miller thought this would be great should be FIRED........................

    Next thing that really burns my butt.... the TB302 had a nice large fill spout where you could see right in the tank to fill it, I have mine sideways in the box of my truck so the side you need to open to see the fuel level can not be opened, if yo look in the spout to see the level of fuel when filling you can't see the line on the outside to fill it to, maybe in the mould that the tanks are made from put a 1/2" bar sticking in to see the fuel level at it then I can fill it the most I can with out over filling???

    I love all my Miller products and would sell them day in and day out, I feel they make a great product and service and some of the best.

    But Miller should be ashammed of this one........

    I'm sorry if I have offened anyone here but I feel this one is a POS.

    I have about 18 hrs on this machine, I call my area rep and no call back

    If John would like to give me a call shoot me a PM and i will gadly give him my number.

    Ty Moore

    P.S. if there is a way to shut that hot start off and I missed it in the book, please forgive my rant and it will make one awesome machine, now before some of you flame me, there is a few really good ideas on this machine that does make it nice....
    Hi Ty,
    Could you please send us your contact information in a private message? Our product manager and welding engineer would like to talk to you directly about the features and issues you are having.

    Thanks,
    Miller Welding Forums Administrator

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Corunna Ont, Canada
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miller Welders View Post
    Hi Ty,
    Could you please send us your contact information in a private message? Our product manager and welding engineer would like to talk to you directly about the features and issues you are having.

    Thanks,
    Miller Welding Forums Administrator
    five,one,nine-three,two,eight-zero,one,seven,six

    as the PM don't seem to be working right

    Ty
    2007 Trailblazer 302G
    2004 Invision 354MP
    1999 60 series feeder
    2005 Maxstar 200DX
    2007 CST280
    1999 HF 251-1
    older Hobart hefty wire feeder
    Hyperthrem 600
    Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
    had and sold........
    2003 XMT 304CC/CV
    1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
    1963 Lincoln SA200G
    1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
    1970's Lincoln SAE400G
    2 Maxstar's 200DX's
    1 Maxstar 200SD
    CST 280
    2 CST 250
    MM130


    Railmen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    7,844

    Default

    Well, thats just wierd, never heard of those problems before lol Now hot start is built into all brands and no you can't turn it off

    I haven't been on for a while as setting up the new shop....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    La
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Well, thats just wierd, never heard of those problems before lol Now hot start is built into all brands and no you can't turn it off

    I haven't been on for a while as setting up the new shop....


    Man, been wondering where you been. Seems like the forum has had less traffic the last few months. Though everyone was dropping out.


    Dynasty 200 DX
    Diversion 180 (FOR SALE)
    Millermatic 350P, XR-Aluma-Pro
    30A Spoolgun
    Lincoln Pro Mig 140
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    14" Rage Evolution 360
    40 ton press brake
    Shop full of tools

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Corunna Ont, Canada
    Posts
    450

    Default Update on TB325

    Ok here is what is happening as of today, I talked to some one at Miller(very sorry guys I can't remember your names) last week about what I was seeing with my new machine. I told them what I was doing and the results I was getting, so they very nicely listen to what I had to say. They took notes and said they were going to try and see the same things I was..........

    So today I get a call back from these two nice guys from Miller, and they report to me that yes they are seeing some of the stuff that I do.

    After talking to them for 15min or so, they decide that just maybe that there might be a board, so they are going to change it out for me and see if that helps

    I'm very happy with the efforts that Miller is putting froward on solving this issue.

    Railmen
    2007 Trailblazer 302G
    2004 Invision 354MP
    1999 60 series feeder
    2005 Maxstar 200DX
    2007 CST280
    1999 HF 251-1
    older Hobart hefty wire feeder
    Hyperthrem 600
    Maxstar 150S(such a cute welder)
    had and sold........
    2003 XMT 304CC/CV
    1947 Lincoln SA200G short hood
    1963 Lincoln SA200G
    1975 Lincoln SA200G(best machine ever had )
    1970's Lincoln SAE400G
    2 Maxstar's 200DX's
    1 Maxstar 200SD
    CST 280
    2 CST 250
    MM130


    Railmen

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    7,844

    Default

    Open the left cover and see if the tank vent line is squshed as well, seems to be a popular thing. In the winter you'll likely need a full cover, I've got them (custom made for the 325) as the tank vent solinoid likes to freeze shut and the throttle encoder likes to freeze as well. Also toss the foam element on the air cleaner.

    When you change the oil, use a Lubrifiner PH2835 (no Fram,Hastings or Kohler), spark pugs are NGK BPR5EGP, and the Airfilter is a Lubrifiner LAF 5802. Always use a "Diesel oil, like 5-40 ( as no additives), or Quaker 5-50 (no other brand)
    Last edited by cruizer; 05-01-2014 at 11:23 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    110

    Default Trail blazer

    I am having a problem with a TB 302 ,I believe I posted this here before but didn't get any help, here it goes Intermittent arc . LWS have replaced brushes and a board stil have problems. One LWS told me to take it back when I am having issues with it ""I said intermittent" may not act up when they have it .Hello MILLER can you help? All I use at my own shop is true blue and also at the day job so please help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.