Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Syncrowave Coolant Pump

My coolant pump on my Syncrowave 250dx (Tig runner) has failed. It doesn't turn on most of the time, and when it does, it is painfully loud.

On the pump, it is labeled 'Procon CMP-7400'. All the online resources say that this pump isn't manufactured anymore. None are available on Ebay.

In the manual, it is labeled as Miller PN 211045. A few online site have the pump in stock, but it is $450+!

I see Miller changed up their integrated cooler. Is there an alternative motor/pump that won't cost 10% of what the whole welder cost?

Still available from Miller, quite a pricey list though, $450 is pretty good in other words.

What you can do is take it apart, and see if its simply gooey in there. Its the brass bushings that let go

I've been told that Procon offers re-build kits for their pumps, but I never tried to get one. Before I spent $450 for a new pump I would certainly explore doing a re-build of the one that you have.

Charley
    2 Miller Digital Elite and 3 Fixed Shade Helmets
    2 O/A torch sets
    DeWalt 18 volt 1/2" Driver/Drill
    DeWalt 18 volt 6 1/2" Metal Saw
    DeWalt Porta Band & SWAG Offroad V3 Table
    Milwaukee 8" Dry Cut Saw
    Milwaukee 14" Dry Cut Chop Saw / Delta Stand
    Milwaukee 9" Grinder
    2 Milwaukee 4 1/2" Grinders
    Milwaukee Hole Hawg 1/2" Drill
    Wallace 5 Ton Gantry
    Too many hand tools

Edco distributing can probably rebuild your pump for you. Halsted and Hogan used to do it but uses Edco now.

It comes back looking nearly brand new. http://www.edcodistributing.com/pcpumps.php
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    Edco distributing can probably rebuild your pump for you. Halsted and Hogan used to do it but uses Edco now.

It comes back looking nearly brand new. http://www.edcodistributing.com/pcpumps.php
    Thanks for the info. I contacted them to see if they'll do it.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmassey View Post
    Thanks for the info. I contacted them to see if they'll do it.
    They can't do it. I'll try procon for a kit.

Might be barking up the wrong tree... but have you checked to see if you have a clogged intake strainer or a sheared shaft coupler and not a bad pump..??

1MCX2_AS01.jpg

procon.jpg

procon-strainer.jpg
    Last edited by H80N; 05-22-2014 at 04:15 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Smile

If you do need a kit or Procon parts...

I have heard good things about JC Beverage... the contact mentioned was Joe..

http://jcbeverage.com/

Hope this helps,,,

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Might be barking up the wrong tree... but have you checked to see if you have a clogged intake strainer or a sheared shaft coupler and not a bad pump..??

The shaft coupler is good.
    There is no intake strainer.

I took the pump housing off and it spun up just fine. However, the vanes seem to be stuck in place. I suppose they need to move back and forth. I wonder if this is jamming the pump?

Cleaned up everything with a solvent. There was a sticky coating over everything. Lubed the vanes and Orings with vaseline and put it back together. Don't get the flowrate error, so it appears to be working fine!