Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HTP or Miller??

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FusionKing View Post
    I totally resemble these remarks....
    And I would be happy to own a HTP 221. The problem being much of what has already been said here. It's too bad IMO that HTP hasn't taken the time to build up some kind of a dealer network when you consider how long they have been around.
    They have really limited themselves to the home shop welders.

As far as the statements about how certain people can out weld anyone on this forum...... I would take that back. Read the member list first. Good chance they already belong. There are HUNDREDS OF SERIOUS TRAINED PROFESSIONALS IN OUR MEMBERSHIP HERE, both old school and new school!
    Not to mention bragging for someone else on the Internet is even less reliable than hearing it firsthand on the Internet
    Many times we find that the cheaper tools are NOT the most cost effective in the long run..

The difference in initial cost ends up being insignificant over the thousands of hours of life of a tool like a welding machine..

More important are Performance and Reliability ....as well as the many factors surrounding the machine and the organization that supports it and it’s users..

For my money… Miller provides the machines and support that give the confidence to spend the required funds on equipment that I can rely on over the long haul…

A welding machine is a significant investment… so I would suggest careful consideration of ALL the factors before one leaps… there is a considerable difference between machines and the organizations that support them…

As far as the "Best Weldor" operator argument....

I see the work of many people.. some VERY talented.. some not so much....
    there is something to be learned from many of them.. much depends on your experience and viewpoint..

Isn't it wonderful that Miller has provided us with this forum that allows us exposure to it..??.

I know NOTHING about who is "BEST" but Two TIG Craftsmen that particularly impressed me with their skill are John Marcella & Chris Razor... not disparaging anybody else... these two just stood out to me..

Here are a few videos that you might enjoy…
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db6BVMANvW0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGPgsXwgQkQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohuoWdZ7fW0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9aqMknf_0g
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh5n9fHdGjM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUr2hMIrDfo

Last edited by H80N; 05-05-2014 at 09:48 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Jersey welder said it the same way I'm looking at the situation. I just ain't paying 6 grand for a 200 amp set up. What u guys know about the everlast power pro 256s?? .

Quote Originally Posted by grant1991 View Post
    Jersey welder said it the same way I'm looking at the situation. I just ain't paying 6 grand for a 200 amp set up. What u guys know about the everlast power pro 256s?? .
    Might as well flush your money down the toilet... unsupported chinese junk..

if it needs service ... you might as well call it disposable

there have been several threads on neverlast...

Here is one..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...erlast-welders
    Last edited by H80N; 05-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Haha

Red face

Here is another neverlast thread...

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...light=everlast

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default Everlasting Unknown

I don't know anything about Everlast, and I dare say neither does anyone else. If you Google "Everlast Power Pro 256" the name and location of the company don't even come up! I say that $1800 is a lot of money to lay down for a pig in a poke.

I'm no expert, but after one semester of TIG welding I've come to view it as something akin to watchmaking for the precision it demands.

I can tell you this from years of experience. I'm on my third 200DX, used a 300DX at one of my old jobs, own a 700, and have a 350 on "loan" at the moment. When I use other peoples machines that are not Dynasties........well I pretty much keep my opinions to myself. The difference is very noticable IMO

BTW.....6 GRAND? Who the heck pays that? Shop around. I piece all my stuff together and am much happier with what I have.

www.facebook.com/outbackaluminumwelding
    Miller Dynasty 700...OH YEA BABY!!
    MM 350P...PULSE SPRAYIN' MONSTER
    Miller Dynasty 200 DX "Blue Lightning"

Miller Bobcat 225 NT (what I began my present Biz with!)
    Miller 30-A Spoolgun
    Miller WC-115-A
    Miller Spectrum 300
    Miller 225 Thunderbolt (my first machine bought new 1980)
    SPEEDGLAS 9100XX