Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supply sources

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Default Supply sources

Where do people like you buy consumables? I found a source, ordered some things, when nothing arrived I tried to contact them. They've disappeared! weldingcity .com
    They haven't charged it to pay pal, so no harm, but I want the stuff. Any new suggestions? Anything I order from Airgas takes time and they add a bunch of charges I don't feel I owe.

Cyberweld
    Indiana oxygen

BR welding supplies
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

I find lots of stuff on amazon.

eBay if your good at it.

I like to buy from my local welding supplier so their there when I need something today, If every one buys from online companies they wont be there when you get into a jam and need it today.

Willie, I just was on weldingcity's site, they're still there - have you checked lately? Maybe something else happened? Odd... Steve

I have to say that my LWS (Wesco) is very competitive with most things that I buy. From gloves to my Multimatic 200. And if you have to return it or have it repaired it is much simpler than dealing with an online supplier. I bought my Miller shield online and when I had problems with the AD lens, I had to ship it to them before they would ship me a new one. Luckily I had a spare shield. When I contacted Miller about warranty service they said go to the retailer you bought it from. Had that been Wesco, I guarantee they would have corrected it on the spot.

My local supplier is ok. They stock regular items only though, and not great prices. I was just told by them it would take 2-1/2 weeks to get me a spool or er70s-3. How can anything take that long now days?

Cgotto6, It sounds like your welding supply house is a hardware verses a welding supplier, If thats truly the case I would find a different place.

I understand that some of our members may live in rural areas where there's not a supplier within 50 or 60 miles, My answer was not aimed at you, I would also order online in that situation.

At the epicenter of the Green Mountain Range in VT

Quote Originally Posted by BukitCase View Post
    Willie, I just was on weldingcity's site, they're still there - have you checked lately? Maybe something else happened? Odd... Steve
    Yes, I tried again, can't find a phone number, I think it is resolved, though I haven't yet received my order.