Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default possible ? convert foot operated torch to finger operated?

Is there any way to convert a 200DX foot operated torch to a finger operated on/off torch? assuming I had that toggle from an older torch. where do I get that pin adapter?

Quote Originally Posted by dogdog View Post
    Is there any way to convert a 200DX foot operated torch to a finger operated on/off torch?
    Miller part 187208.

I just needed that connector piece think its that 14Pin.

Will this work for the dynasty 200dx ?

Miller Part Number 136961
    anyone have the pinout I needed to get it working or it is in the manual?

Thumbs up RCC-14 Hand Control..??

Is there any way to convert a 200DX foot operated torch to a finger operated on/off torch? assuming I had that toggle from an older torch. where do I get that pin adapter?

Have you considered getting a RCC-14 or RCCS-14 Hand Control??

RCC-14 Remote Contactor and Current Control (14-pin plug)
    Side-to-side (east/west) rotary-motion fingertip control fastens to TIG torch with Velcro® straps. Includes 26.5 ft contol cord. (For all Miller solid-state power sources after serial number JK674521.)

That would give you the fine current control just like a pedal .... as well as the on/off control....

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o154299h_mil.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

No probably not for that price as well for now.... I have an left over torch from another no name brand made machine that broke, torch is good, switch is good, just needed to either take the switch and slap it on my current wp17 (I think) and use it with finger control on/off. or slap the 14 pin connector to the old torch and get the fitting for the gas. This is for tacking things over head or things I can't access doing foot pedal at the same time. So just on/off will be sufficient. That is why asking if the Amphole 14 Pin connector will fit and the pin out I needed. I remember seeing some one done this some time back in 2009 / 2010 post, but can't seems to find the post right now. The other thing is I have some time right now to get this done.
    Last edited by dogdog; 03-30-2014 at 05:46 AM.

Smile you want pins "A" & "B".....

.... That is why asking if the Amphole 14 Pin connector will fit and the pin out I needed. I remember seeing some one done this some time back in 2009 / 2010 post, but can't seems to find the post right now. The other thing is I have some time right now to get this done.
    Pinout for the 14 pin is in the manual that I posted the link ...

you want pins "A" & "B".....

for a connector... try "Cruizer"... Newark Electronics or Fleabay..... they are not cheap...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...1804&_from=R40

.... I have an left over torch from another no name brand made machine that broke, .
    BTW... your spare torch..??? from the croaked welder??

it is not by any chance off of one of those CHINESE "Bargain Brands" is it..??

could you share some info on it with us..??
    Last edited by H80N; 03-30-2014 at 09:05 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Pinout for the 14 pin is in the manual that I posted the link ...

you want pins "A" & "B".....

for a connector... try "Cruizer"... Newark Electronics or Fleabay..... they are not cheap...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...1804&_from=R40
    Thanks, didn't open that link just google the RCCS-14 and RCC-14 , ordered the connector from USWELD from the first one you send from ebay. When it comes in will update.

BTW... your spare torch..??? from the croaked welder??

it is not by any chance off of one of those CHINESE "Bargain Brands" is it..??

could you share some info on it with us..??
    Yes spare torch is from the croaked welders that I bought but at rip off "sucker" price at 2006, not cheap then (CT-518D). I bought this dynasty at 2009 or 2010 see my first post question on the 110/220v hookup on this machine that was about the time frame I got it. If I can re-use that torch great, if not will velco it to the current WP17. BTW that croaked torch is actually a little better handling that the WP17. But that is different stroke for different folks. Besides I don't needed super fine quality torch for tacking stuff.. Both machines have less than 100 hours of operating time. that would tell how much I actually welds.

Will post pics once I get the connectors. it's basically a 2 pin connector on the CT-518D torch.

14 pin connector arrived yesterday fits nicely....
    now needed some help on the old torch's gas connector. it has a M16x1.5 sort of connector on it and I have a miller intl torch adapter part: 195378. some how I went to the LWS here they couldn't find a fitting for the M16x1.5 male to some threaded adapter on the miller part.... anyone knows the correct one I should be search for?

Pretty good quality all aluminum housing from that ebay link.

This adapter... I am trying to find is between the old torch's connector to the miller part 195738. what do I needed to look for.

The switch part works, just tested with A/B switch on/off only and it works fine. Now just needed to get that adapter between the torch and the miller adapter. Anyone have information??? Reading on some sites, the torch is the M16x1.5 threaded. just not sure whats on the miller end and the name of that piece I needed to get to tie it together.