Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default syncrowave 200 problem

Hello I have a syncrowave 200 just got it .set it up started to weld notice as soon as you hit pedal it goes to the maximum amperage. I'm thinking a pedal issue but a friend thinks it's a setting but there isn't much on this machine and I'm not familiar with it trying to find someone with another machine to check my pedal .

Welcome to the forum Tesla26.

Thanks

Default ohmmeter

Find a friend with an ohmmeter to check out the pedal. Maybe there is a short somewhere in the pedal.

Download the manual for the RFCS-14 pedal, it shows the pinout of the pedal and how it is wired.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla26 View Post
    Hello I have a syncrowave 200 just got it .set it up started to weld notice as soon as you hit pedal it goes to the maximum amperage. I'm thinking a pedal issue but a friend thinks it's a setting but there isn't much on this machine and I'm not familiar with it trying to find someone with another machine to check my pedal .

Don't rule out a bad hall device that monitors weld output current. Check its harness connections and all those on the main control board for corroded terminals.

Do you know the history behind the machine and peddle?
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

I've used it before a few months ago no one else there knew how to tig mine got stolen so I bought that one and now there's a problem which sucks . I will have to take it to the welding supply place but I will take a look inside to see if anything came loose or any corrosion thanks for the info . I did check the pedal and it works fine .

If you have a VOM and are up for a little troubleshooting, Miller customer service can walk you thru checking for the more common causes including the hall device.

They tend to be very accommodating and you'll need the machine SN when you call (920-734-9821).
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

Thanks we found a broken wire repaired it and it's working like a champ now thanks again

Default Where?

Where was the broken wire? I was going to guess on the pedal side, at the connector.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla26 View Post
    Thanks we found a broken wire repaired it and it's working like a champ now thanks again